spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JeffinKenner

@cox.net

[LA] Easypay

Does anybody here use Easypay? Is it realiable? I don't want it to wait until the last day to pay then have technical issues. It looks conviencent, but I'm not prepaired to hand it over to an automatic system.

m8trix

join:2003-12-24
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
I have been using it the last 6 years with not one issue

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
til a pissed off worker with access happens to decide to go shopping with your info or steal your identity. this exact thing happened at comcast.
--
Despises any post with strings.

Maltz

join:2011-01-08
Fayetteville, AR

2 recommendations

said by dvd536:

til a pissed off worker with access happens to decide to go shopping with your info or steal your identity. this exact thing happened at comcast.

To be fair, that can happen when you go out to dinner, too. Any time you use your credit card, someone could steal it. I don't think the internal risk with Cox is much higher than anything else. The external risk just depends on how securely they store your data. I have them (and most of my bills) auto-pay every month and have never had a problem. FWIW.

JeffinKenner

@cox.net
That's why I hate restaurants. The server takes with your card and goes who knows where with it. I don't know why people would risk a min of 6 years in jail for identity theft for stealing somebodys credit card..

"Under federal law, bank fraud in the United States is defined, and made illegal, primarily by the Bank Fraud Statute in Title 18 of the U.S. Code. 18 U.S.C. § 1344 (Bank Fraud Statute) states:

Whoever knowingly executes, or attempts to execute, a scheme or artifice—
(1) to defraud a financial institution; or
(2) to obtain any of the moneys, funds, credits, assets, securities, or other property owned by, or under the custody or control of, a financial institution, by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises;
shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both. "

Beezel

join:2008-12-15
Las Vegas, NV
reply to JeffinKenner
I use it but I don't have it set automatically. I manually enter my one time payment every month.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
reply to Maltz
Exactly why its cash only at restaurants now after getting my identity stolen from paying with plastic at a restaurant!
--
Despises any post with strings.

JeffinKenner

@cox.net
I don't like that it waits to pay the bill on the due date. Why can't it pay it sooner? My bill shows up after the 22nd of the current month. Easypay is going to wait until the 6th to pay the bill.

craig70130
Premium
join:2004-04-27
New Orleans, LA
reply to JeffinKenner
Never had a problem but I use my credit card. Any problems, one call.