Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

drjenkins

join:2005-03-30
Bealeton, VA

[Scam] Woman Duped Out Of $500K In Nigerian Online Dating Scam

»sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/0 ··· ng-scam/

Synopsis: Woman meets a "Scottish oil worker" on ChristianMingle and wires him $300,000 as a loan for his business. She becomes suspicious after wiring him another $200,000 - and it actually results in the return of $200,000 and the arrest of the Nigerian culprit's accomplice.

What struck me was this quote:
The victim has only a “1 percent” chance of recovering the remaining $300,000 from overseas because “it’s just impossible to track down” and federal authorities do not get involved in losses below $1 million, Bourland said.

Is it accurate that the feds won't investigate if you're scammed out of less than a million?

nikmagid

join:2001-04-19
Los Angeles, CA
my mom had this happen to her on jdate. i told her it was a scam, she didn't believe me. i had to forcibly get her to stop. these people are scum.

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Bright House Net..
reply to drjenkins
Honestly, the feds shouldnt investigate if it's more than a million. At this point if a person gives away this much money they are really a glutton for punishment. I can't really speak for the woman, but you have to be desparate to part with that much money for love, especially if you've never met them.
--
| map your city |
Expand your moderator at work