Search similar:

uniqs
singerie3
anon are muted
join:2008-10-12
Montreal, QC

singerie3

Acanac support review

Recently, I had to call Acanac support to report an outage at my home. The tech answered in about 10 seconds.

Chris from acanac was very competent, knew what he was talking about, did not think I was stupid. Everything was clear, he did not tried to hung on me because he was tired or whatever. After 45 minutes, everything was good and clear for his ticket. He reported the issue to videotron right away, and about 2 hours later my internet came back up.

Honnestly i don't understand all the whining here about acanac. Every single time i called them for support, I was happy with the result.

+1 for chris, you made a good job, thank you very much !
Rythmicone
join:2013-10-23

Rythmicone

Acanac themselves cannot be seen in one dimension like this. You may get a tech who knows more or less, but to a larger degree it is about how the carrier accommodates them when they ask for something to get done. In your case, you have good experiences, and glad you posted it. But it varies greatly from carrier to carrier.
JoshuaAlguir
join:2013-11-03

JoshuaAlguir to singerie3

to singerie3
Hold on, you got to talk to a support representative on the phone? I always get told to email their online support department!

In November my dsl modem died. It's not so much that the online techs were inept, rather it was that it took at least 24 hours to get a reply. Coupled with the fact that they were asking me to try things that I had already clearly indicated were not an issue (is my modem connected to my router properly) it was very frustrating.

Finally Paul (Acanac Inc) sorted it for me and made amends when I complained here. But if I had been able to speak with someone competent to begin with it would have taken 5 mins to figure out my modem was dead and I could have gone out and bought a new one that day instead of waiting a week.

Their online billing department is the same except they take 48 hours to reply instead of 24.

Does anyone have a number for billing issues? I ask because I am trying to upgrade my service and these 48 hour reply times are turning a simple upgrade into a project I don't need.
LanAdmin
join:2010-11-07
Montreal, QC

1 edit

LanAdmin to singerie3

to singerie3
Comment est ton download single thread et ton ping en période de pointe vers 21:30? (Avec Ebox lorsqu'il manquait de capacité, j'avais pleine vitesse en speedtest mais environ 5mbps en single thread)

Deuxième question: la géo localisation t'indique Québec ou Ontario?