uniqs
dtokarz
join:2012-03-10
Tampa, FL

1 edit

dtokarz to gigahurtz

to gigahurtz

Re: High Definition On-Screen Guide?

Im guessing I will have to make a trip to the nearest BH office since I don't think my non-DVR box is compatible. I have a SA Explorer 4250HDC.

Any suggestions on what non-DVR box I should ask for?
wbrightfl
join:2004-07-15
Fort Lauderdale, FL

wbrightfl

Cisco 8742HDC is what I have. It's quick to respond and HD quality is excellent. I think its one of their better models.

daddylike
@bhn.net

daddylike to dtokarz

Anon

to dtokarz
said by dtokarz:

Im guessing I will have to make a trip to the nearest BH office since I don't think my non-DVR box is compatible. I have a SA Explorer 4250HDC.

Any suggestions on what non-DVR box I should ask for?

I have a 4250HDC and it went through the update process.
dtokarz
Tampa, FL

dtokarz

I received an update but it didn't contain the HD on screen guide. Did yours?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by dtokarz:

I received an update but it didn't contain the HD on screen guide. Did yours?

What model box?
dtokarz
Tampa, FL

dtokarz

I have a SA Explorer 4250HDC
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to gigahurtz

Premium Member

to gigahurtz
Have you rebooted?

bhnusertampa
@bhn.net

bhnusertampa

Anon

I received the update and it looks great. Have a problem though, now my whole home DVR is not working well. When I try to play a show in another room it pixilates and audio cuts out. I tried rebooting all the boxes and it helped a little but was still unwatchable. No problems at all before update and have had the boxes around 6 months.
Any suggestions??
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

Premium Member

to gigahurtz
Open a thread here »/fo ··· sedirect include your modem MAC and I will take a look.
dtokarz
Tampa, FL

dtokarz to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Yes. Just finished another reboot to verify. Same SD guide. Should it show by default or do I need to enable it someway?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by dtokarz:

Yes. Just finished another reboot to verify. Same SD guide. Should it show by default or do I need to enable it someway?

I need to check something...will be back at you tomorrow.
dtokarz
Tampa, FL

dtokarz

OK. Thanks.
nelsonj3
join:2012-06-22
Lakeland, FL

nelsonj3 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Got the updates early Tuesday Morning on both of my boxes with no issues! New guide and features are working well. I have two questions though: First- I see an option to run a Twitter App in the Interactive Menu (under the Main menu). When I try to run it, nothing happens. Is this something to be turned on later, or not at all?

Also, I have one of the newer remotes with an On Demand and a Bay News 9 Button on it, but when I press the On Demand Button- it takes me to Channel 1, and not the new 1000 On Demand Portal. Is there a way to change this? Also, the Bay News 9 Button takes me to Channel 9, and not the HD 1009 or 1209. Is there any way to change this?
Gator5000e
join:2013-09-02
Altamonte Springs, FL

Gator5000e to gigahurtz

to gigahurtz
I am having an issue with the new interface. It has happened a few times a reboot fixes it for a whole but it has come back each time. While watching a recorded show, the progress bar will fail to show and you can't see any progress while fast forwarding, stopping, pausing, etc. it will also get to the end of a recorded show and will not show the option to save or delete the show. Nothing shows up. The progress bar has also disappeared during regular tv viewing. Nothing but a reboot fixes this but as I said it has come back.
Aprel
join:2013-09-14

Aprel

said by Gator5000e:

it will also get to the end of a recorded show and will not show the option to save or delete the show. Nothing shows up.

This happened on my SA 8300C box as well after the ("soft") update, but a reboot fixed it and it has yet to come back. Didn't have the progress bar problem, tho. Hope it can be sorted out for you without a box exchange....

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz to bhnusertampa

Premium Member

to bhnusertampa
I had an issue following the update with my whole home DVR as well. While the guide may or may not have been an issue, I swapped my boxes at the local office and haven't had an issue since.

DCELL
CC/Nature Coast
join:2010-06-17
Inglis, FL

DCELL to Gator5000e

to Gator5000e
said by Gator5000e:

I am having an issue with the new interface. It has happened a few times a reboot fixes it for a whole but it has come back each time. While watching a recorded show, the progress bar will fail to show and you can't see any progress while fast forwarding, stopping, pausing, etc. it will also get to the end of a recorded show and will not show the option to save or delete the show. Nothing shows up. The progress bar has also disappeared during regular tv viewing. Nothing but a reboot fixes this but as I said it has come back.

This has happened to me too, I think I even posted in this thread about it. I think it only happens when watching content from another DVR. Rebooting both DVRs helped, but It's starting again. I'm going to start a direct thread if the problem persists, or Gary chimes in.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to bhnusertampa

Premium Member

to bhnusertampa
said by bhnusertampa :

I received the update and it looks great. Have a problem though, now my whole home DVR is not working well. When I try to play a show in another room it pixilates and audio cuts out. I tried rebooting all the boxes and it helped a little but was still unwatchable. No problems at all before update and have had the boxes around 6 months.
Any suggestions??

Can you please open a direct thread here and include your modem MAC. I need to get some additional information about your equipment.

»/fo ··· sedirect
the65gto
join:2000-08-31
Apopka, FL

the65gto

said by the65gto:

Is it just me or??? the guide info seems to be a day old. The program is correct but if you pull up info its a day old. 1020 NBC says 3/20/2014 right now.

So I rebooted both box's and the dates are still off by one day. i.e. now watching NCAA basketball,(3/28/14, 1060) NEW, says previously recorded 3/27/14
Aprel
join:2013-09-14

Aprel

said by the65gto:

said by the65gto:

Is it just me or??? the guide info seems to be a day old. The program is correct but if you pull up info its a day old. 1020 NBC says 3/20/2014 right now.

So I rebooted both box's and the dates are still off by one day. i.e. now watching NCAA basketball,(3/28/14, 1060) NEW, says previously recorded 3/27/14

I have noticed this, too, in the new guide. Some shows that are marked "new" (and are in fact airing for the first time) have an original air date of the day before. I figured it was just an anomaly with the channel reporting info to TV Guide. But given you have the same problem, it may be an off-by-one error with how the dates are handled.
kmdean
Orlando, FL

kmdean

I've read of the date issue from Time Warner markets and it supposedly is fixed in 7.2.0_11, where we're at 7.2.0_10.

Beachie
Where is Shelly Miscavige?
join:2001-07-12
Saint Petersburg, FL

Beachie to Aprel

to Aprel
Click for full size
3/28/14 9:30pm
Click for full size
Upon further inspection
Marked as "new" but original air date 3/23? Tribune Media Services needs a swift kick in the pants, this is just one of many.
kmdean
Orlando, FL

kmdean

I believe most if not all re-airs of shows within a week of the first airing are always marked as new. The 23rd is only 5 days ago, so it's still new for the week.
kmdean

kmdean

said by kmdean:

I've read of the date issue from Time Warner markets and it supposedly is fixed in 7.2.0_11, where we're at 7.2.0_10.

Just citing where I read the info:

»www.avsforum.com/t/72383 ··· 24508328

Beachie
Where is Shelly Miscavige?
join:2001-07-12
Saint Petersburg, FL

Beachie to kmdean

to kmdean
That would mess up "new only" DVR series recordings. I've been having to go in a clear out several series recordings recently re-recording shows marked as new which weren't. It did the same thing for some series on Showtime last month.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

Premium Member

to gigahurtz
Guys this will be addressed in the next service pack which is not too far off.

Cisco
@bhn.net

Cisco

Anon

Since the Service Pack is addressing this documentation issue, I hope it will also address the OnDemand issue (Channel 1,000) showing Season XX; Episode XX as opposed to a Air date
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

yup

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

Has anyone noticed some content not showing on channel 1000 but shows on other on demand channels? For example, The Tonight Show shows on the Entertainment On Demand channel but when you got channel 1000 and go to networks -> NBC it doesn't show there.

Cisco
@bhn.net

Cisco to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert
Thanks; you'll give us notice on the day before\day when the Service Pack is pushed like you did on the last update?