All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
xQim
join:2003-09-20

xQim

GTA V Questions?

I realize I'm late to this and by stating my chief complaint I'll more then likely be given crap for it. I've played every single GTA since the original on PlayStation. The controls make the game unplayable and unenjoyable for me. Questions: Have they made a classic controls patch? Are they ever planning too? If not then I will be returning this game asap. The controls ruin the game. Now I'm going to get slammed and told, "the new controls are better," or "get used to them, its not that hard!" Here is my analogy: I own and have played every Gran Turismo since the original. The controls have not changed AT ALL for this game. How would people feel if the controls were forced to be R2 for gas, L2 for brake, circle for up shift, and square for down shift? Why would you not at least have classic controls on GTA V as an option?

Weirdal
Premium Member
join:2003-06-28
Grand Island, NE

Weirdal

Premium Member

X for gas is archaic at this point. The only reason it was that way on the PS2 was because the triggers weren't analog and the face buttons were.

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium Member
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX

banditws6 to xQim

Premium Member

to xQim
said by xQim:

How would people feel if the controls were forced to be R2 for gas, L2 for brake, circle for up shift, and square for down shift?

This is almost certainly coming to Gran Turismo once it makes the jump to PS4, since the DualShock 4's face buttons are no longer analog.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5 to xQim

to xQim
I'm confused as you've mentioned both GTA and Grand Turismo.

GTA wise the "R2 for gas" control has been in since GTAIV. X has only been used in the PS2 era.
xQim

xQim

Okay thanks. It maybe be archaic, but why can't it be an option at least? Sorry for the confusion, but I was merely making a comparison of how Gran Turismo controls have not changed and how people would react if the controls were changed to something ridiculous and forced without the ability to change to something more comfortable and practical for the user.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

They would just adapt, or go into the settings and change the buttons. Simple.
xQim

xQim

said by Alpha Phoenix:

They would just adapt, or go into the settings and change the buttons. Simple.

The point is you cannot go into the settings and change the buttons. Simple. The buttons are forced on you to deal with. Oh well, I returned the game and got my money back. It was a terrible game anyways. (Opinion) This is not just based on the buttons either, mostly the gameplay.

Weirdal
Premium Member
join:2003-06-28
Grand Island, NE

Weirdal

Premium Member

Did you ever play GTA4? How did you deal with the controls in that one?

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to xQim

Premium Member

to xQim
So you mean if you have different racing games (e.g. Grand Turismo, Need for Speed, Forza Motor Sports, Drive Club, Mario Kart, etc.), you expect all the controls to be exactly the same, rather than adapting?
xQim

xQim

You are taking this way out of context. Never did I say all games that are racing should have the same controls. Of course you can adapt to almost any controls. Did you even read? The Gran Turismo franchise has not changed the controls since the original. The Grand Theft Auto franchise did not change the controls until GTA5. Now if it is a completely different system and controller, I wouldn't expect the buttons to be the same. However, the PS controller has remained almost the same, except they've gotten a lot cheaper in quality. I have several original PS1 controllers and they are strong enough where you could probably smash it off the ground and pick it right back up and use it. If you look at the PS3 controller wrong, it might break. Off topic.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

I'm not taking it way out of context. You are not happy with the control setup for driving in GTA V because you are comparing it to all the previous GTA games. The fact remains that it is a different game just like those others that I listed in my previous post, so adapt the same way you would if jumping from one racing game to another, instead of being stuck and hung up on why it's not like how it was in the previous games in the franchise.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

1 recommendation

Cat5 to xQim

to xQim
said by xQim:

The Grand Theft Auto franchise did not change the controls until GTA5.

Yes they did. GTAIV was shoulder buttons for brake/gas too.
Expand your moderator at work