Search similar:

uniqs

Walli
@cablecom.ch

Walli

Anon

VPN Tunnel help needed

Hello experts

I'm in the process of configuring a VPN Tunnel but somehow I don't manage to get it up and running.
Here are some details about the setup:
Local Setup (on site A)
- Zyxell Zywall USG 1000, Interface 1 used for WLAN with an Official IP address f.e. 62.x.x.1
- internal server with private IP. 10.x.x.8 and Official IP address f.e. 62.x.x.2
- the Official IP 62.x.x.2 is NATed: on the Zyxell FW there is a rule redirecting all traffic on a specific port to the private IP address 10.x.x.8
- incoming traffic to 62.x.x.2 will be sent to 10.x.x.8
- outgoing traffic from 10.x.x.8 is showing the 62.x.x.1 IP address when checking

Remote Setup (on site B)
- Cisco Router with Gateway address 194.x.x.5 and also a server with an Official IP address 194.x.x.6

The objective is to build a VPN Tunnel between the two hosts: 10.x.x.8 (62.x.x.2) with 194.x.x.6
and not between 2 sub-networks.

If I'm not mistaken I need to define a rule to say that all outgoing traffic from 10.x.x.8 designated to 194.x.x.6 should go out using the 62.x.x.2 IP (and not 62.x.x.1).
Both Official Server IPs should be pingable with each other (62.x.x.2 194.x.x.6).

How is it possible to achieve this ?
Any inputs are welcomed.

Cheers
Walli

Walli

Anon

Update:
- The VPN Tunnel is connected and the Site A server 62.x.x.2 (10.x.x.8) is answering to a ping from the Site B server 194.x.x.6.

Now my problem is that the servers need to communicate bi-directional using port 3299.
What am I missing ?
Walli

Walli

Anon

Update 2:
- The VPN Tunnel is connected but when issuing a telnet command (source is 10.x.x.8) I'm getting the following error:
telnet 194.x.x.6
trying 194.x.x.6 ...
telnet: connect to address 194.x.x.6: No route to host

Any ideas?