spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cgrabowy

join:2014-01-17
USA

[General] Upgrade Thunderbolt to Moto X, or not? Unlimited data or not?

So I am still grandfathered on the old unlimited data plan with Verizon. I have an old HTC Thunderbolt, which is sluggish.

Obviously, I dont want to upgrade my phone through Verizon since I will lose my unlimited data plan.

So I'm debating about which phone to purchase at "full price" since it's going to be a lot of money. Originally I was looking for an Samsung S3 or S4 deal, but not really finding any. Motorola just came out with a deal. They dropped the price of their Moto X to $399.99 and will finance for free up to 12 months. Does anyone have a Moto X? Happy with it? Does anyone have any feel for an S4 compared to the Moto X?

Is there any talk about forcing customers out of the umlimited data plans? I don't want to spend good money on a new phone and then be forced out of the unlimited plan. I might as well just switch to another provider, like T-Mobile.

Open to any feedback, ideas, etc.

beck
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road
kudos:1

Buy a used phone. Of course, you have to be careful.
--
Are YOU just a turkey voting for xmas?

cgrabowy

join:2014-01-17
USA

Yeah, I have looked at a bunch of used phones online. But how do you know? I have mentioned to friends, neighbors and family that I am looking for a used phone if by chance someone was upgrading but nothing has come up yet.

So I keep turning back to getting a new phone...

The Moto X seems to be competitively priced but I have to wonder if there are issues there and so they dropped the price.

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
kudos:23
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Frontier Communi..
reply to cgrabowy

A co-worker of mine has a Moto X and loves it. He paid outright for his phone on the day it came out, and has been able to keep Unlimited Data. He did have to get a new SIM card since he was coming from a Motorola Bionic, but he did not lose unlimited data by asking Verizon to change the SIM Card in use.

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
reply to cgrabowy

They FINALLY released the wood backs...

»gizmodo.com/wood-backed-moto-x-g···04224720

I am currently on my iOS swing (I flip back and forth between iphones and androids every contract period) but if I wasn't I would grab an X with a walnut back.

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2
reply to cgrabowy

Look on swappa for used phones. They seem to be "stricter" about things (or maybe it's just the people who buy/sell on there). There are (3) S3 devices listed for $259 and under. I wouldn't hesitate to get one but I would have a NEW battery on the way (that's nothing against the seller either).

billydunwood

join:2008-04-23
united state
kudos:2
reply to cgrabowy

said by cgrabowy:

So I am still grandfathered on the old unlimited data plan with Verizon. I have an old HTC Thunderbolt, which is sluggish.

Obviously, I dont want to upgrade my phone through Verizon since I will lose my unlimited data plan.

So I'm debating about which phone to purchase at "full price" since it's going to be a lot of money. Originally I was looking for an Samsung S3 or S4 deal, but not really finding any. Motorola just came out with a deal. They dropped the price of their Moto X to $399.99 and will finance for free up to 12 months. Does anyone have a Moto X? Happy with it? Does anyone have any feel for an S4 compared to the Moto X?

Is there any talk about forcing customers out of the umlimited data plans? I don't want to spend good money on a new phone and then be forced out of the unlimited plan. I might as well just switch to another provider, like T-Mobile.

Open to any feedback, ideas, etc.

I absolutely love my Moto X. Battery life is pretty good, camera is great and Android 4.4 is very user friendly. The graphics are the best. Call quality and 4g speed is also good. No doubt, the Moto X is a very fast and excellent phone to purchase
--
No Victim=No Crime

ke4pym
Premium
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC
reply to cgrabowy

I switched from a T'bolt to a Galaxy S4. I've been very happy.

I did not pay full price. But was able to keep unlimited because of the data plan I was/am on.