Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-19
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

lordpuffer

Premium Member

Good site to purchase Avast Pro Antivirus?

Does anyone know of a safe site to purchase and download just Avast Pro Antivirus? Not the full security suite, for I don't want that. Just an inexpensive way to renew my subscription. Through Avast directly it's $40

Thanks in advance.
art22gg
Premium Member
join:2005-02-16
Courtenay, BC

art22gg

Premium Member

You can get it here at the Avast shop for $20.00..(half price)..

»avastshop.com/purchase/100.asp

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
Old Town, ME

lordpuffer

Premium Member

Thanks Art!

Edit: WOT gives that site an orange......scares me a little to go there. WOT has been my pal since inception. Do you know of any others?
art22gg
Premium Member
Courtenay, BC

art22gg

Premium Member

Your welcome...

Ian1
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18
ON

2 recommendations

Ian1 to lordpuffer

Premium Member

to lordpuffer
»store.downloadcrew.com/index.php

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
Old Town, ME

lordpuffer

Premium Member

Thanks, looks good Ian for a good price. I found it but it says "No Stock." I don't understand it unless they are fazing it out.

Ian1
Premium Member
ON

Ian1

Premium Member

Yeah. That's odd. Maybe they purchase a series of license keys, and they are temporarily out.

The have Kaspersky Internet Security for $20 too. I like that a lot.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

lordpuffer

Premium Member

said by Ian1:

Yeah. That's odd. Maybe they purchase a series of license keys, and they are temporarily out.

The have Kaspersky Internet Security for $20 too. I like that a lot.

I'll keep my eye on it. Maybe they are just temporarily out of licenses. I still have 15 days left on my current license.

I've heard some good things about Kaspersky, however I have been nasty free since using Avast, so I'd like to stick with it.

Ian1
Premium Member
ON

Ian1

Premium Member

said by lordpuffer:

..however I have been nasty free since using Avast, so I'd like to stick with it.

Reminded me of this.

Homer: Well, there's not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol is sure doing its job.

Lisa: That's specious reasoning, Dad.

Homer: Thank you, sweetie.

Lisa: Dad, what if I were to tell you that this rock keeps away tigers.

Homer: Uh-huh, and how does it work?

Lisa: It doesn't work. It's just a stupid rock.

Homer: I see.

Lisa: But you don't see any tigers around, do you?

Homer: Lisa, I'd like to buy your rock.

I am only kidding, many like Avast. I used it for years until their drive-by Chrome installation and update fiasco. I simply don't trust them as a company.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
Old Town, ME

lordpuffer

Premium Member

art22gg
Premium Member
Courtenay, BC

art22gg to lordpuffer

Premium Member

to lordpuffer
Hi,
For me personally I would discount what WOT is saying..I never believed half of what it was telling me..
For me a far better way to check on a web sites credibilitys URL is to check it with Virus Totals web site,which will check the URL as well as checking for viruses....I checked the site and it came up clean...»www.virustotal.com/en/ur ··· 9975000/

Link for site....»www.virustotal.com/#url

Ian1
Premium Member
ON

Ian1

Premium Member

I don't know much about WOT, but their ratings may not just be about malware. It might have to do with things like business practices as well.

"The site has an unsatisfactory reputation based on user ratings,"
"This reputation has a low confidence, which means not many people have rated the site. "
»www.mywot.com/en/scoreca ··· shop.com

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

lordpuffer

Premium Member

said by Ian1:

I don't know much about WOT, but their ratings may not just be about malware. It might have to do with things like business practices as well.

That is why I follow it. If I do a Google search and I don't see a green circle (or sometimes an almost clear circle with a question mark), I just won't go there. I've found that it has been reliable so far.
lordpuffer

lordpuffer to art22gg

Premium Member

to art22gg
I'm still a little paranoid. I'm familiar with Virus Total. But WOT has always been on the money for me, at least for green sites.

What is it that Sammy Hagar sang in the song "Red".....I think there were lyrics that said "green is mean."

MarkAW
Barry White
Premium Member
join:2001-08-27
Canada

1 recommendation

MarkAW to lordpuffer

Premium Member

to lordpuffer
Click for full size
You can also buy Avast through the program as well.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
Old Town, ME

lordpuffer

Premium Member

Thanks Mark. When I tried to do it through the program, it was giving me a $39.99 price (just for the AV). I'll have to look into EasyPass.

MarkAW
Barry White
Premium Member
join:2001-08-27
Canada

MarkAW

Premium Member

You're welcome , i usually buy from Download crew myself but like you said they seem to be out at the moment.
redwolfe_98
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11

1 edit

1 recommendation

redwolfe_98 to lordpuffer

Premium Member

to lordpuffer
Click for full size
lordpuffer, at the "avast.com" website, if you click the link to download the free version, you will see a special offer for the pro version, $19.99..
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1 to Ian1

Premium Member

to Ian1
Another vote for downloadcrew.
PX Eliezer1

PX Eliezer1 to art22gg

Premium Member

to art22gg
said by art22gg:

For me a far better way to check on a web sites credibilitys URL is to check it with Virus Totals web site,which will check the URL as well as checking for viruses.

Never knew that, thanks much!

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN

Dustyn to redwolfe_98

Premium Member

to redwolfe_98
Did Avira get jealous when you went to that page?

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

lordpuffer to redwolfe_98

Premium Member

to redwolfe_98
said by redwolfe_98:

lordpuffer, at the "avast.com" website, if you click the link to download the free version, you will see a special offer for the pro version, $19.99..

Thanks. I'll see if that works for me.
lordpuffer

Premium Member

to redwolfe_98
Sorry redwolfe_98, but I tried to get the same option to purchase the Pro version on Avast's site, but it would not give it to me. I ended up downloading the free version twice! It did give me a choice for Pro for $34.95 though.

I'd still like to get it for $20. I'll keep an eye on downloadcrew.
redwolfe_98
Premium Member

4 edits

1 recommendation

redwolfe_98

Premium Member

lordpuffer, i don't know why you didn't see the 50% off offer..

try it again.. go to "avast.com", then go to the "home" tab and, in the menu that drops down, select "avast free".. then, on that page, press the button for "go to download", which then will show you a comparison of avast's three products, including the free version.. then, click "download", to download the free version, and the offer to purchase the pro-version for 50% off should pop up..
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

said by redwolfe_98:

lordpuffer, i don't know why you didn't see the 50% off offer.. try it again.. go to "avast.com", click the tab for "home" (products).. press the button for downloading the free version, which then takes you to another "webpage" where it shows a comparison of three versions, including the free version.. press the button to go ahead and download the free version.. then you should see the 50% off offer..

I'm seeing it exactly as you described.

In fact, this link possibly may be even more direct.
»www.avast.com/en-us/index#FDI

norwegian
Premium Member
join:2005-02-15
Outback

norwegian to lordpuffer

Premium Member

to lordpuffer
said by lordpuffer:

Sorry redwolfe_98, but I tried to get the same option to purchase the Pro version on Avast's site, but it would not give it to me. I ended up downloading the free version twice! It did give me a choice for Pro for $34.95 though.

I'd still like to get it for $20. I'll keep an eye on downloadcrew.

The site did show the pop up for me in IE10 but not in Firefox 26 with script protection, so I would try differing browsers at the Avast site, the pop-up is there for 50% off even for a different country.
redwolfe_98
Premium Member

redwolfe_98

Premium Member

said by norwegian:

The site did show the pop up for me in IE10 but not in Firefox 26 with script protection

p.s. if you use "firefox", with the "noscript" addon, you need to allow scripting on the "avast.com" webpage..

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

1 edit

Premium Member

to redwolfe_98
Thanks redwolfe_98 for walking me through the process, for there are a couple of ways to download the free AV on the Avast site.

I had first used Chrome, however, I used Firefox this time (without NoScript) and the offer showed up! I purchased the license for $20.

Thanks to you and all for your help!
art22gg
Premium Member
Courtenay, BC

1 recommendation

art22gg

Premium Member

Yes...$20.00 bucks saved is a good deal ,right...