spc
Search similar:

uniqs

BrYanT
@tmodns.net

BrYanT

Anon

[HVAC] Furnace troubleshooting poss. pressure switch 3-1

Furnace stopped working...set thermostat...blower kicks on but it cycles off and flashes red led 3-short and 1 long ...trued cleaning tube and disconneting wires on p.switch hitting stat and touching wires...still no heat and still flashing red 3-1...need help

Tex
Dave's not here
Premium Member
join:2012-10-20

Tex

Premium Member

Is that what the LED code is telling you, that it's the pressure switch? To test the pressure switch, you can't just jump it out. You have to let the draft inducer start and then jump out the pressure switch.

mattmag

join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois

mattmag to BrYanT

to BrYanT
And along with that, does it show that code as switch stuck open or stuck closed?
pipe trades
join:2014-01-17
USA

pipe trades to Tex

to Tex
Dk what the code is telling me other than 3 short and 1 long red flashes...door panel dies not indicate much...just deductive reasoning...yes tried letting draft inducer start ...no starting still...I was told my flame igniter is out.
pipe trades

pipe trades to mattmag

to mattmag
Not sure. The codes aren't indicated on panel ...older model bryant ...I'm iust going off of the 3-1 red flashes info. & advice

Lurch77
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
Green Bay, WI

Lurch77

Premium Member

Where in the world are you? Is it a cold area? Check your exhaust and intake vents on the outside of the house. This time of year snow and ice are fairly common problems, blocking the intake.
MrFixit1
join:1999-11-26
Madison, WI

MrFixit1 to BrYanT

to BrYanT
Any way you can get a model number off that unit ?

Tex
Dave's not here
Premium Member
join:2012-10-20

Tex to BrYanT

Premium Member

to BrYanT
If the OP removes the wires to the pressure switch and jumps them together after the inducer motor starts up, he should get ignition regardless if the pressure switch is stuck open or closed and regardless if the exhaust vent is blocked. That's if the pressure switch is faulty.
pipe trades
join:2014-01-17
USA

pipe trades

Yes tried that ...no ignition...took out igniter it was carbonized looking dirty and loose...it may be my issue
pipe trades

pipe trades to MrFixit1

to MrFixit1
Yes....found it #376CAV048095
MrFixit1
join:1999-11-26
Madison, WI

MrFixit1

OK see if this helps you »xpedio.carrier.com/idc/g ··· 4-63.pdf

Just reading it quickly , does not sound like a bad igniter will give a 31 code