k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom to RizzleQ

Premium Member

to RizzleQ

Re: From Rogers:

The ONLY thing consumers should care about is the ratio of received speed vs advertised speed. Even more, it is the ratio of received to advertised during peak hours that really matters.

So sure, Rogers is misrepresenting the results, but it is PC Mag who published this dumb as fuck graphic to begin with. It is PC Mag who are misinforming the public about what matters.

RizzleQ
Cunningham's Law Enthusiast
Premium Member
join:2006-01-12
Windsor, ON

RizzleQ

Premium Member

lol so the conclusion to be drawn here IMO is PC Mag came to a weak unfair conclusion and then Rogers takes that and runs with it to make them look awesome and the next best being a DISTANT second. Lame.

SimplePanda
BSD
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Montreal, QC

SimplePanda

Premium Member

said by RizzleQ:

lol so the conclusion to be drawn here IMO is PC Mag came to a weak unfair conclusion and then Rogers takes that and runs with it to make them look awesome and the next best being a DISTANT second. Lame.

For some reason I doubt that Rogers was that "surprised" to see this article appear.
GuardianU
join:2009-09-30

GuardianU to RizzleQ

to RizzleQ
I mostly took the positive from it: Teksavvy being put on a Rogers ad. Someone who doesn't know Teksavvy exists will then see it and go "Who is Teksavvy?"

IE: Bell internet customer with Rogers TV.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom to RizzleQ

Premium Member

to RizzleQ
Weak and unfair... I guess so..

Specifically, I wanted to emphasize the WEAKness--I didn't use the term 'DUMB AS FUCK' lightly. but Gabe has a point about the fairness too.

I mean, that article is mindless content farm pap of the same quality as this:
»www.fame10.com/entertain ··· dium=cpc

To me, that trumps any question of fairness--who cares if the top ten hot celebrities list is fair or not?!? On the other hand, Gabe's point is subtle and interesting, so I'll allow it