Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bgoodbody
Bill G

join:2002-05-08
North Truro, MA

[X1-X2] X2 deployment news

Any news on X2 deployment to existing X1 customers?
In Northeast US.
--
- Bill

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:2

Figuring the Olympics start February 6th - it'll definitely be by then. I'd expect to see it within the next 2 weeks.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

ComcastTech

join:2008-05-31
reply to bgoodbody

Later in February. Like the end of it.

Cablejim1087

join:2012-09-21
Bath, ME

Was told Jan29th for x2 rollout for up here.

rog2867

join:2012-02-08

I read fall for northeast. To get the preview on your x1 press exit exit exit 9896 on your remote. It looks a little different but not much.

PlusOne

@comcast.net

said by rog2867:

I read fall for northeast. To get the preview on your x1 press exit exit exit 9896 on your remote. It looks a little different but not much.

And how do you go back after trying preview?

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:3

said by PlusOne :

said by rog2867:

To get the preview on your x1 press exit exit exit 9896 on your remote.

You can either repeat the same "exit exit exit 9896" code, or:

quote:
You can now flip back to X1 directly in the menus!!!

[In] Preferences - General

There's a setting to switch from "Preview" - if you choose it, it brings up a pop up to ask if you want to switch back or not.

PlusOne

@comcast.net

said by telcodad:

said by PlusOne :

said by rog2867:

To get the preview on your x1 press exit exit exit 9896 on your remote.

You can either repeat the same "exit exit exit 9896" code, or:

quote:
You can now flip back to X1 directly in the menus!!!

[In] Preferences - General

There's a setting to switch from "Preview" - if you choose it, it brings up a pop up to ask if you want to switch back or not.

THANKS

Davy49

join:2007-04-10
Jacksonville, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to bgoodbody

Hi All,
This morning I noticed all of my X1 equipment were getting 'hit's' by the system computer, I first noticed it on the Pace XG1 DVR, I turned the tv on and saw the red xfinity logo on the screen, with the red dot's right under the logo. Could it be that I might have received the X2 software update already ?
David

GmDude66

join:2007-09-09
York, PA
reply to bgoodbody

Any news for York, PA?

joejoejeo

join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN
reply to Davy49

No that mean the box is restarting

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ
reply to Davy49

said by Davy49:

Hi All,
This morning I noticed all of my X1 equipment were getting 'hit's' by the system computer, ...

Looks like it was due to a new update for the X2 Preview: »Re: [X1-X2] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

ComcastTech

join:2008-05-31
reply to GmDude66

I believe the soft launch happened in york, cause your part of the central pa region. main launch is today. call away if you want x1

GmDude66

join:2007-09-09
York, PA

Tried getting it, see below:
»[X1-X2] Obtaining X1 with existing double play package

cheeseman

@comcast.net
reply to bgoodbody

You probably won't see anything happen until after the Olympics. Doubtful anyone would risk a botched update during an event with so much riding on it.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Comcast

I'm still thinking something big will happen prior. They made quite a big PR splash that X2's time to shine was during the Olympics - and that they'll be adding an NBC Live Extra app to the X1/X2 platform so you'd be able to watch all of the events on your TV.

Guess we sit and wait. Some folks received another update over the weekend - and it was pulled back. They're definitely working on things.
--

wolf

@comcast.net

I hope one of those updates involves adding Dolby Volume back as a user setting, or at least having an audio pass-through option in addition to the current two options of Stereo & Surround.

Gerard1234

join:2012-04-03
reply to bgoodbody

Would be nice if the internet apps worked on the x2 dvr

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE

Gerard-
What do you mean?

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ
reply to bgoodbody

An article on the MCN site this afternoon with the latest details on the imminent launch of X2:

Comcast Readies ‘X2’ Migration Plan
MSO Expected To Cut Existing And New X1 Customers Over To Next-Gen Guide In The Coming Months

By Jeff Baumgartner, Multichannel News - January 28, 2014
»www.multichannel.com/distributio···n/147962

joejoejeo

join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN

But the official launch of the x2 guide is tomorrow, but it could not be deployed to every x1 sub at that time.

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA

wow, where did you see that info?

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ

2 recommendations

reply to joejoejeo

said by joejoejeo:

But the official launch of the x2 guide is tomorrow, but it could not be deployed to every x1 sub at that time.

According to my source, that "January 29th" date may slip a bit, but Comcast is saying X2 will officially launch by the end of this month (i.e., Friday).

From the MCN article:
quote:
Comcast will make the next generation of its cloud-based X1 guide available to video subscribers who are on the cloud-based platform in the coming days, and, as part of the migration effort, plans to switch all X1 subs over to the new guide permanently in the next few months.

Comcast has been rolling that next-gen interface, internally called the “X2,” to a small group of customers in multiple markets since late last year. The plan now is to broaden that availability by as soon as the end of January, Comcast Cable president and CEO Neil Smit said Tuesday on the MSO’s fourth quarter earnings call

According to a person familiar with the X2 rollout and migration plan, Comcast will present the upgraded guide as the default interface to all new X1 subs in the coming days. Existing X1 customers, meanwhile, will receive on-screen prompts to flip over to the new UI, but will still have the option to continue using the legacy version for a while. Comcast will remove that option and put all of its X1 customers, including new and legacy X1 subs, on the next-gen guide permanently “in the coming months,” but has not set a firm date for when it will execute the final cutover, the source said. Light Reading reported Monday (»www.lightreading.com/cable-video···d/707443) that the migration plan will be well underway by the end of February.

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
reply to bgoodbody

Can people upgrade to x1 on existing triple play in krystone region ?

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ

said by mikedz4:

Can people upgrade to x1 on existing triple play in keystone region?

Yes, while new customers in the Keystone Region will probably be given priority, as it has just been launched there, it should also become available to existing triple-play (and maybe double-play) customers, so you should probably have your parents call Comcast and request it so that they get in line to have it installed.

Davy49

Jacksonville, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to bgoodbody

Hi All,
Unless I'm misunderstanding this whole upcoming X2 platform concept, won't I have to get a different X platform DVR eventually to take advantage of the 'cloud-based' platform ? I presently have the Pace XG1-P unit.
David

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ

said by Davy49:

Hi All,
Unless I'm misunderstanding this whole upcoming X2 platform concept, won't I have to get a different X platform DVR eventually to take advantage of the 'cloud-based' platform ? I presently have the Pace XG1-P unit.

No, the XG1 DVR will continue to be part of the X1/X2 platform.

What will be added soon, that will take advantage of some of the new All-IP features of X2, is the new all-IP client box called the "Xi3."

See: »Comcast Cable TV FAQ »What are the details on the Xi3 box?

and:

»Comcast Cable TV FAQ »What is X1 and X2?

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA
reply to telcodad

ok, thanks for that info!

"as soon as the end of January" and "well underway by the end of February" doesn't mean January 29th or even this week where I come from!

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE

I learned from a being a FIOS TV customer to NEVER believe any date you here. EVER.
--

Davy49

Jacksonville, FL
reply to bgoodbody

Even though my version still says 'preview', comcast must be doing something regarding X2. My 'missing' app's. (pandora,etc.) are now back !
David