uniqs
share rss forum feed

bgoodbody
Bill G

join:2002-05-08
North Truro, MA
reply to bgoodbody

Re: [X1-X2] X2 deployment news

While the Server Version as updated in 2014, the STB Version is still 12-22 here
--
- Bill

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:3
reply to bgoodbody

FYI - From JeepMatt See Profile's report in the main X1 thread »"New" X2 is Live , it looks like the full X2 update is starting to be deployed this morning:

said by JeepMatt:

Well, all 3 of my boxes (2 HD, 1 DVR) updated to the "New" XRE Build - dated 1/29/14 this morning. When you go to the About tab, it actually shows "New" and no longer says "Preview".
:

Davy49

join:2007-04-10
Jacksonville, FL
reply to bgoodbody

So far today anyway..my boxes still show 'preview'..I guess people up north get their software before people who live in southern state's.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:2

I also rebooted mine Davy - so, maybe that'll do the trick.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

joejoejeo

join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN
reply to Davy49

reboot the device to see if that works

rej4sl

join:2008-07-11
Minneapolis, MN
reply to bgoodbody

restarted and it does the trick. We are in the Twin Cities, MN.

joejoejeo

Bloomington, IN

1 edit

Most of the x1 support pages are updated to show the new guide and the current guide »customer.comcast.com/help-and-su···latform/
»customer.comcast.com/help-and-su···with-x1/

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ
reply to telcodad

An article on the MCN site this evening about the "X2" roll-out:

Comcast Ramps Up ‘X2’ Rollout
Next-Gen Guide Becomes The Default UI For All New X1 Customers

By Jeff Baumgartner, Multichannel News - February 3, 2014
»www.multichannel.com/distributio···t/148083

quote:
Comcast confirmed that the migration to the next-generation of its cloud-based X1 video interface will begin to accelerate Tuesday (February 4), when all new X1 customers get the upgraded guide by default.

Comcast began to offer the next-gen UI, which carries the “X2” label internally, to a small batch of customers late last year. The new guide will present a more feature-laden, personalized version of the original X1 interface. ...
:
Current X1 customers will have the option to continue using the legacy version of the X1 guide for an unannounced period of time before they will be cut over to the new version permanently, though it’s expected to happen in the “coming months,” an MSO spokesperson said.

But once X1 customers upgrade to the new guide, they will not be able to toggle back to the older version.

BellevueBob

join:2013-10-12
Bellevue, WA
reply to joejoejeo

If only those instructions were accurate. Many of them are flat out wrong. For example, on the "new" guide, the yellow triangle button does nothing; there is no way to "filter" HD channels only. Just one of many errors on that "help" page.

aguiar0016

join:2006-01-23
New Bedford, MA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to MrJitters

1.Yes i have streamed live, the quality it pretty nice works with little to no buffering (depending where in the house i am)
2.Streaming recordings works just the same as live TV.This comes in handy when you know you are going to be waiting for a while.
3.There is no extra storage with this, just the ability to watch/take it whenever you like.

joejoejeo

Bloomington, IN

I wanted to know if anybody has gotten the cloud service work/setup without having Comcast internet or being connected to your Comcast wifi

MrJitters

join:2003-11-29
East Montpelier, VT
reply to aguiar0016

said by aguiar0016:

1.Yes i have streamed live, the quality it pretty nice works with little to no buffering (depending where in the house i am)
2.Streaming recordings works just the same as live TV.This comes in handy when you know you are going to be waiting for a while.
3.There is no extra storage with this, just the ability to watch/take it whenever you like.

Well, that answers that. Good news. Thank you for your reply. l am looking forward to the time Comcast pushes this out to the rest of the world.

Thanx again. Cheers.

SpHeRe31459

join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA
kudos:1
reply to joejoejeo

said by joejoejeo:

I wanted to know if anybody has gotten the cloud service work/setup without having Comcast internet or being connected to your Comcast wifi

Considering the entire service is built on the assumption that you're a double or triple play customer, I wouldn't count on things working.
Furthermore, because you normally need to be a triple-play sub, I think everyone here but you is a double or triple play customer. So I don't think you'll be able to get an answer to your question.

psdstu

join:2013-04-05
Marianna, FL
reply to aguiar0016

I'm curious about how you know the Cloud DVR feature was available to you??? Was there a prompt screen for something to download on your tv, or did you contact Comcast about it? What was the account code change?
Thanks

psdstu

Marianna, FL
reply to bgoodbody

It looks like this morning that I'm back to the 1/22/14 version Preview..... yesterday it was the 1/29/14 New version...... not sure what others are seeing.

rej4sl

join:2008-07-11
Minneapolis, MN

We were back to 1/22/14 so restarted the box and got the 1/29/14 version again. No idea what is happening , it is like a yo-yo.

psdstu

Marianna, FL
reply to bgoodbody

I just went and changed back to the X1 version...... and was asked if I wanted to run the update...... ran the update and once again I'm back to the 1/29/14 X2 version.

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ
reply to bgoodbody

Karl has a DSLR news item up about it now: »Comcast Deploys 'X2' Set Top Upgrades to X1 Users

bgoodbody
Bill G

North Truro, MA

Last night the new version of Server made normal here 1st Item now says "New". No option to change, also no way to add to favorite channels.

Can't tell if Cloud enabled yet.
--
- Bill

aguiar0016

New Bedford, MA
reply to psdstu

I know a few people, I was able to beta test it a few weeks before it became official.

SpHeRe31459

Sacramento, CA

said by aguiar0016:

I know a few people, I was able to beta test it a few weeks before it became official.

Did you have to change out the wireless router (as some Comcast reps claim)? or did live TV streaming work with your existing router?

aguiar0016

New Bedford, MA

No need to change any equipment for me. I have all 3 services with a comcast d3 emta and my own router.

SpHeRe31459

Sacramento, CA

said by aguiar0016:

No need to change any equipment for me. I have all 3 services with a comcast d3 emta and my own router.

Great, thanks!

novanosis

join:2011-02-21
reply to bgoodbody

Can someone who is stuck on the X2 guide change your resolution to 480i. Let me know if the X1 guide returns.

bgoodbody
Bill G

North Truro, MA
reply to bgoodbody

With New Guide One can only sporadically set up a Favorite Channel
--
- Bill

joejoejeo

Bloomington, IN

i now have the winter Olympics and the NBC sports live extra apps on my X1 box

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ
reply to bgoodbody

Received these release notes on this "New" version of the X1 Guide from a source:

X1 Guide - 1.37 version

X1 Guide & New Guide on the X1 Platform Updates

- Search enhancements:

• Sports subtitles now displayed in the search UI
• Search results now displayed across multiple pages

- Enhanced screensaver

- X1 Quick Tips now on display

- Conflicts in scheduled recordings (X1 Guide only; currently exists for New Guide users) - Programs that are scheduled but will not record due to conflicts are now visible

- New AnyRoom DVR (AR-DVR) and Cloud DVR (cDVR) flow - AR-DVR and cDVR hubs now default to the most recently used XG1 set-top box; can be changed from the Settings menu

- Updated cDVR Terms and Conditions

New Guide on the X1 Platform Updates Only

- Redesigned mini-search - Channel logos displayed when a matching channel number is entered

- Four predictive text search results appear at one time

- Maximum of 10 results shown at one time; “Search All” option appears after 10th result

- Order Pay-Per-View events from search

- View grid guide by program category - Press the Guide button while viewing a program category to filter by:

• Favorites
• Movies
• Sports
• Kids
• Featured

- Jump back/ahead in the On-Screen Guide - Press the Rewind or Fast Forward button while in the guide to view the previous or upcoming day’s listings (up to 14 days past/future)

- Enhanced channel collections - Channel collections (e.g. Music Choice) will display up to 75 channels

- DVR functionality hidden for non-DVR customers

- One-touch delete - Press the D soft key while a recording is highlighted to delete (must confirm through deletion prompt)

- AnyRoom DVR “Offline” folder - Recordings that belong to a DVR currently “offline” are grouped together in one folder

joejoejeo

Bloomington, IN

can you keep posting change logs for the updates to the guide when you get them thanks

joejoejeo

Bloomington, IN
reply to telcodad

the only thing i liked about the x1 guide over the x2 guide was the ability to set a series recording on a single/specific channel/network. the x2 guide does not have that option but the series recordings i set on the x1 guide with that option still adhere to that setting on the x2 guide.
so it should be easy to put in that option

so i will be asking them as well about that option

joejoejeo

Bloomington, IN

it also looks like they updated the channel logos as well. as well the picture quality, the guide and the logos looks better meaning sharper brighter and better looking images. i dont know if these are releated to the guide update or not