INTJ - The Architect
Premium Member
join:2008-03-17
Louisville, KY

Mr Fel to brookeKrige

Premium Member

to brookeKrige

Re: NEW! U-verse Gateway - Motorola NVG599 - WIRELESS AC! AC1600

The Profile downstream rates. VoIP up until now was never allowed on the 1.5M profile.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

The NVG599 has recently been tested for DFS channels like the 5268NV had been a while ago in this post -
»Re: New Gateway - Pace 5268AC 4X4 AC 5 GHz(1700 Mbps)/ 2x2 N 2.4 GHz(300 Mbps)

It seems like the latest manual keeps the option for the guest SSID in it. I'm still curious if that will follow through.
ab1109230
join:2014-04-25
Atlanta, GA

ab1109230 to Darknessfall

to Darknessfall
You aren't going to see this gateway deployed for a while. Sales of the 75m hsia speed have started in the monterey, ca market where vectoring is currently undergoing a controlled introduction and they will be using the 589.

morgan1112
join:2003-04-07
Round Rock, TX

morgan1112

Can we expect to see anything faster than 75 Mbps with the initial deployment of vectoring?
Matt7
join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

Matt7

said by morgan1112:

Can we expect to see anything faster than 75 Mbps with the initial deployment of vectoring?

I doubt it - I think 75/10 is the next tier plus the 45/6 will be opened up to more people with vectoring (since vectoring will allow 45/6 on a single pair).

my thoughts
@24.209.161.x

my thoughts

Anon

Suspect based on announcement in Nov 2012 of Project VIP, scheduled to end December 2015, that 75M (Power Plus) was the goal with a path for more (100M Power Turbo). Therefore would expect 100M to be part of next Project (2016-???? Likely 2018), as past projects were 3 years.

Darknessfall
Premium Member

Darknessfall

Premium Member

AT&T has posted new user guides within the past 24 hours showing the NVG599 self install guide.

Please note that it mentions GigaPower at the bottom of the PDF .

rolande
Certifiable
MVM,
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
ARRIS BGW210-700
Cisco Meraki MR42

rolande to morgan1112

MVM,

to morgan1112
said by morgan1112:

You know AT&T doesn't want to blow their wad all at once. If they pace the release of new speed tiers they can drag it out for awhile. It makes it look like steady progress. Customers freak out when they don't hear or see any progress. Better to appear to regularly deliver "new" services than to go a long time between upgrades.
Matt7
join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

Matt7 to morgan1112

to morgan1112
said by morgan1112:

I doubt it - 17a and Vectoring will be used primarily to say "We can now give even more people 45/6 etc.."
Pishi3G
join:2015-02-02
Trabuco Canyon, CA

Pishi3G to Darknessfall

to Darknessfall
I wish they would incorporate a set top box into this "gateway".

RussATX
@sbcglobal.net

RussATX to Darknessfall

Anon

to Darknessfall
ATT installed the NVG599 yesterday here in Austin, replacing my 589. Tech said it was the first one he's installed. So far so good. Beast of a gateway.

My 1Gb connection has gradually degraded in bandwidth over the past few months ever since they moved from 300/300 to 1Gb, and this was an effort to troubleshoot. Nothing noticeable outside of slight decrease in latency. Interestingly enough, my public IP stayed the same even with the new gateway. I would have figured a new WAN MAC would have changed the address.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by RussATX :

ATT installed the NVG599 yesterday here in Austin, replacing my 589. Tech said it was the first one he's installed. So far so good. Beast of a gateway.

My 1Gb connection has gradually degraded in bandwidth over the past few months ever since they moved from 300/300 to 1Gb, and this was an effort to troubleshoot. Nothing noticeable outside of slight decrease in latency. Interestingly enough, my public IP stayed the same even with the new gateway. I would have figured a new WAN MAC would have changed the address.

Do you have the option of a guest network under the wireless settings?

Milwaukee PT to RussATX

Anon

to RussATX
Suspect your IP is linked to ONT not RG on FTTP.

GPTMSHA
@sbcglobal.net

GPTMSHA to RussATX

Anon

to RussATX
The deployment of the 599 has been limited so far to Gig markets only along with the 1TB DVR. Unfortunately, here in Gulfport MS that means we don't get it. We are on a controlled roll out of ipdsl-bp and do get plenty of orders for it, along with a few newly placed IP-RT units, we have opened up a whole new area of availability. The RTs are actually cards sitting on the same shelf in the VRADS as the K F and N cards used for FTTN.

RussATX
@sbcglobal.net

RussATX to Darknessfall

Anon

to Darknessfall
Yes - Guest wireless network available for 2.4ghz band only

And Milwaukee - Agreed I bet IP is linked to ONT.

Darknessfall
Premium Member

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by RussATX :

Yes - Guest wireless network available for 2.4ghz band only

Neat that they actually get that option instead of getting rid of it before they released the gateway.
nephipower
join:2012-02-20
San Antonio, TX

nephipower to RussATX

to RussATX
said by RussATX :

Can you check on your NVG599 to see what the size of the NAT table is.

You should be able to go to the table. Go to the admin web page, click Diagnostics and then NAT Table.
brianlan
join:2009-10-12
Garner, NC

brianlan

Same as the NVG589, same software...

You could always not use the gateway if your an internet only customer

bamcgraw
Premium Member
join:2004-03-10
Austin, TX

bamcgraw to nephipower

Premium Member

to nephipower
I finally got an NVG599. Nice box- good speeds on all broadband and wireless.
NAT table says:
Total sessions available 2560
Total sessions in use 177
kwayzcat
join:2002-10-22
Chicago, IL

kwayzcat

What a waste. The 599 probably has hardware NAT and the 589 likely does as well, given that people regularly get full speed on gigapower. The firmware also doesn't support upnp making it difficult for gamers with port forwarding needs. I personally use my own AC1900 router but the NAT limitation still applies as documented many times before.
brianlan
Garner, NC

brianlan

Will this help? »AT&T Residential Gateway Bypass - True bridge mode!
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

Paralel

All I know is that I have never run into a session limit on my 589 since I've been running it.
brianlan
Garner, NC

brianlan

I run a lot of different services from my WAN, so I know how to max out the session limit in the blink of an eye!

Torrents are the easiest for the home user to max out the NVG series running AT&T's firmware.
46436203 (banned)
join:2013-01-03

46436203 (banned)

I suggest you find a more effective way of pirating then.

Usenet does not require nearly as many sessions.
brianlan
Garner, NC

brianlan

The DMCA take downs are rampant now on UseNet services worldwide, your lucky to get 4 solid days of completeness.

So these days the only reliable methods revolve around Torrents paired with a VPN.
46436203 (banned)

46436203 (banned)

You are bad at piracy.

In all my years of Usenetting I've very rarely encountered DMCA's that could not be bypassed via alternative servers or differently named posts.
brianlan
Garner, NC

brianlan

Ok, I guess I am.

I'm sure the world of Reddit is bad at 'piracy' also? »www.reddit.com/r/usenet/
46436203 (banned)

46436203 (banned)

Yes, they are. Fucking plebbit users think they've achieved something when they brag about using The Pirate Bay.
Expand your moderator at work