uniqs
intok (banned)
join:2012-03-15

intok (banned) to Jack_in_VA

to Jack_in_VA

Re: [Green Tech] Cyber criminals hack a REFRIGERATOR:

said by Jack_in_VA:

You are not alone

Agreed. I was called a luddite in the thread about the "NEST" thermostats even though I provided much proof of being far more tech savvy then most even on this site because I refuse to use "smart" anything.

I'm 28, I don't own nor want a "smart" phone, "smart" TV, "smart" fridge, "smart" thermostat, "smart" security system. I don't even think my area should buy into that "smart" grid bullshit that was talked about as being a massive national security problem because I actually understand the implications of what happens when those systems are compromised.

You wanna see some real damage? Wait till somebody trips a nation wide blackout that can't be fixed till the grid devices are replaced or patched.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

said by intok:

said by Jack_in_VA:

You are not alone

Agreed. I was called a luddite in the thread about the "NEST" thermostats even though I provided much proof of being far more tech savvy then most even on this site because I refuse to use "smart" anything.

I'm 28, I don't own nor want a "smart" phone, "smart" TV, "smart" fridge, "smart" thermostat, "smart" security system. I don't even think my area should buy into that "smart" grid bullshit that was talked about as being a massive national security problem because I actually understand the implications of what happens when those systems are compromised.

You wanna see some real damage? Wait till somebody trips a nation wide blackout that can't be fixed till the grid devices are replaced or patched.

It will happen. It's just a matter of time as more and more of our critical infrastructure is connected.
54067323 (banned)
join:2012-09-25
Tuscaloosa, AL

1 recommendation

54067323 (banned)

Read through the lessons learned.

»www.nerc.com/Pages/default.aspx

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

Anytime people think they have everything covered they are fools. It will happen and by the time they realize the threat it will be too late. The hackers are always one step ahead of the reactive victims.