Search similar:

uniqs

Nathuman
@2.171.39.x

1 edit

Nathuman

Anon

Dangerous Website

Before visiting, just imagine the page uses scripts to hold you on the page until you paid- download firefox with firebug addon and open firebug on the page, then edit the source (delete all) and press enter. Now you can check this dangerous page without any risk

idk where to submit this to be sure that the page can be deleted so im looking around in security forums to post this as an information.

ht tp://fyjfdtd.cyberwarriorshortages.info/movies/oyOpKoLstwzi5ICg16gWWIXzKgngnB14mW2BgIzIq9wzhHV/mUVQjOeJ_/RBJsZ6deaFcfV_/RU-0g-DTCkBR9JcA~~/ZTY1ZTk1MDc1Y2EyNjY0Yzk2ZDE3ZGNhMGVjY2RhNjM

AS I SAID, ! read ! BEFORE CLICKING !!

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ

tmpchaos

Numquam oblitus

Click for full size
For those interested...

Cogitate
join:2014-01-01
US

Cogitate

I am puzzled.

How did I get back here if my browser is blocked ?

I have no idea what happens on Windows but on Linux their threats are totally empty.

I must commend them for a great deal of effort, but as always, their knowledge
and usage of the American language as well as other aspects of American society, gives them away.

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ

tmpchaos

Numquam oblitus

Same on a Mac- no problem.

nwrickert
Mod
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL

nwrickert to Cogitate

Mod

to Cogitate
said by Cogitate:

I have no idea what happens on Windows but on Linux their threats are totally empty.

Moreover, if they do "trap" you in the browser, the "kill" command is easy to use

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to Nathuman

MVM

to Nathuman
said by Nathuman :

Before visiting, just imagine the page uses scripts to hold you on the page until you paid- download firefox with firebug addon and open firebug on the page, then edit the source (delete all) and press enter. Now you can check this dangerous page without any risk

Why post a dangerous link without obfuscation? In any case, any page running scripts is neutered by blocking scripts. Many browsers either have script blocking add-ons, or native blocking capabilities.

Doctor Four
My other vehicle is a TARDIS
Premium Member
join:2000-09-05
Dallas, TX

Doctor Four to Nathuman

Premium Member

to Nathuman
NoScript would neuter this page right away. Then it would go straight into my hosts file so that it can never be visited again.

On a somewhat related note, I was reading yesterday where adlware purveyors were buying up Chrome extensions in order to inject ads and malware into browsers. These PUPs were typically not downloaded from Google directly, but arrived with updates to users' existing extensions.

Here's the link to that story: »arstechnica.com/security ··· pdates/?
Xtreme2damax
join:2007-03-21
Port Byron, NY

Xtreme2damax to Nathuman

to Nathuman
Speaking of host files is there any community service out there online that maintains a blacklist of several known malicious domains and ad networks?

Jacks
@windstream.net

Jacks

Anon

»www.omgchrome.com/chrome ··· -adware/

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to tmpchaos

to tmpchaos
What I want to know is....

What are those poor stock photography models being forced to watch?

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

5 recommendations

NormanS

MVM

said by dib22:

What are those poor stock photography models being forced to watch?

Either 19579823 See Profile's or 47717768 See Profile's DSLR posts!

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
ARRIS DG1670

pcdebb to nwrickert

Premium Member

to nwrickert
said by nwrickert:

said by Cogitate:

Moreover, if they do "trap" you in the browser, the "kill" command is easy to use

not so easy for the ill-informed or the non-educated user that these people are finding. We aren't falling for it, but someone is, unfortunately.

Cogitate
join:2014-01-01
US

Cogitate

I would think even the less computer savvy person would know enough to reset or turn the computer off/on as a starter to clear the problem.

nwrickert
Mod
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL

nwrickert to pcdebb

Mod

to pcdebb
said by pcdebb:

not so easy for the ill-informed or the non-educated user that these people are finding.

My comment was intended to be in the context of linux.

In my recent linux experience (KDE 4.11.4), if I click the window close button several time, but it doesn't close, then there's a popup saying that the process is not responding and asking if I want to kill it. So even an inexperienced KDE user should be able to deal with this sort of problem.

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran

Premium Member

Windows does that too. I don't remember what version that behavior started in.
Xtreme2damax
join:2007-03-21
Port Byron, NY

2 edits

Xtreme2damax to Nathuman

to Nathuman
Bleh, basic computer knowledge and security really needs to start being taught in schools. Some people fall for this type of stuff because of lack of basic knowledge on computer technology and security. It's a two way street I suppose, it still won't help those that lack common sense and don't bother to perform a quick search online to verify the legitimacy of something if they aren't sure. Even then it's still not enough for some, you can warn them of scams, literally be waving red flags at them and they will still for for it. If people were smart and educated themselves, listened to warnings then these scams would disappear.