All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

newyorker
@clearwire-wmx.net

newyorker

Anon

Clearwebsite - triband hotspot and Clear on LTE?

Click for full size
One thing I don't understand. On the Clear.com site front page the device the have a picture of is the tri-band Netgear Zing which can connect to band 41, i.e. the Clearwire frequencies. Why that device?

And since I have a Netgear Zing, though not activated on any service, when I scan for available networks, one of the networks that shows up is "Clear". Why would it show up since the Zing doesn't do wimax?
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

The Zing is 2.5 though which in the coming years will be changed to LTE. The Zing is also pictured there to advertise it for the Sprint brand. You can activate the Zing on Sprint and a few others MVNOs, just be careful on who you choose and what data packages you get- very very few offer Unlimited data options that use the Sprint data network.

newyorker1
@clearwire-wmx.net

newyorker1

Anon

said by TBBroadband:

The Zing is 2.5 though which in the coming years will be changed to LTE. The Zing is also pictured there to advertise it for the Sprint brand. You can activate the Zing on Sprint and a few others MVNOs, just be careful on who you choose and what data packages you get- very very few offer Unlimited data options that use the Sprint data network.

But my point is the Zing is an LTE hotspot not wimax yet "CLEAR 4G" is listed as one of the networks to connect to.
newyorker
join:2014-01-19
US

newyorker to newyorker

to newyorker
At anoyhrr location in nyc it shows "CLEAR 4G(forbidden)"
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to newyorker1

to newyorker1
Right. The Zing is not WiMax. The AC803s and the U770 are the only trifis that are. The Netgear and the Mifi are Spark Devices- 3g and 4G lte with 4g Reused Clear when it starts coming out. That's it. So its more like a 2fi device with just more radios in it for the future.
Expand your moderator at work