spc
uniqs

ghosti
@mchsi.com

ghosti to twhiting9275

Anon

to twhiting9275

Re: [MO] Columbia MO outage?

Mediacom HAS NO BACKUP SYSTEMS, if they did, there would be nowhere near the amount of outages we experience. There is also no monitoring despite their claims otherwise. I have yet to have an outage they knew about (wide area) before reporting it.

Just look at all the fiber cuts, their competitors route around the cut as they have the backup system and links to do so. Mediacom has refused to invest in backups, so you are completely down until the fiber can be repaired.

I am confused though, Chad said it was damaged equipment, but based on the locked thread, this was a software/server failure with no backup system capable to handle the load of 5 states (no surprise there). The misinformation and misleading replies really get old.
twhiting9275
join:2002-08-30
Waterloo, IA

twhiting9275

said by ghosti :

Just look at all the fiber cuts, their competitors route around the cut as they have the backup system and links to do so. Mediacom has refused to invest in backups, so you are completely down until the fiber can be repaired.

I couldn't agree more there, though maybe they're learning? I don't recall a cut in 2013... Either that or old age is catching up with me
spaceboy909
join:2013-11-22
Columbia, MO

spaceboy909 to ghosti

to ghosti
said by ghosti :

Mediacom HAS NO BACKUP SYSTEMS, if they did, there would be nowhere near the amount of outages we experience. There is also no monitoring despite their claims otherwise. I have yet to have an outage they knew about (wide area) before reporting it.

Yeah, that has always annoyed me. If it's something 'smaller', they have no idea when I call in. If it's larger, I think the 'monitoring systems' they rely on are the pissed off customers calling in! lol Maybe we should bill them for our services? lol