Last serious MMO for me was gw2/tera.
--
dslreports.com

Blockfire
Sarcasm is my native tongue

join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS
kudos:1

actually farting around with WoW again, just trying to keep my elitist urgings in check.

GoRaptors

join:2011-07-22
London, ON
reply to monchis

I've only ever played 2 in my life time:

#1. MU Online many, many years ago.

#2. Currently for the past 3/3.5 years, Dungeons & Dragons Online.

I've downloaded & installed other's but have only very briefly played them
(Not more then a day or 2, well Neverwinter Online for maybe a week or so,
but the top 2 were weeks/months & in DDO's case, years).

Cheers! :P! ! !
--
»tinyurl.com/83jhmnc ---> Please comment! Switch from Rogers Prepaid to Wind Mobile?

»tinyurl.com/6pfywwp ---> Please comment! Rogers/Distributel Nightmare!

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to monchis

is dayz kinda like a mmo?

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4

It's an action based survival horror game so not really unless you count FPS style leveling as MMO/RPG elements.
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to monchis

WoW and a little bit of Rift. I patched up SWTOR but the queue times as a healer were too insane.

shinjuru
Premium,Mod
join:2000-10-29
West Coast
Reviews:
·SureWest Internet
reply to Mike

Hardcore PVP-But-Mostly-Running-MMO with tiny bits of NPC Zombies, but sure. DayZ is still an MMO.

said by Mike:

is dayz kinda like a mmo?

--
Data - Game-Tech - Nor*Cal

MacBridger
Late to the party
Premium
join:2001-01-11
Morgantown, WV
reply to monchis

None. I'm back to Skyrim atm.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
reply to monchis

Last MMO I played was WoW too. I can't get into them too well, leveled a Pandarin to 20 something, got bored with leveling and made a couple hundred gold, got bored with that and gave it up again. I like to get my PC multiplayer fix by playing Day Z or Path of Exile. Although I will try out Elder Scrolls Online and Everquest Next when they hit.
--
The world was movin' she was right there with it and she was

monchis
Premium
join:2002-12-09
Los Angeles, CA

1 edit

This everquest?
»www.everquestnext.com/?cid=1064374
--
dslreports.com

This is NOTHING of what I expected the next everquest to be like. Lame graphics.

n_w95482
Premium
join:2005-08-03
Ukiah, CA
reply to monchis

WoW here (obligatory armory link). I've been playing since January 2007, with a couple of months off here and there. I haven't been quite as active since MoP, but I still log on a few times a week.

I promised myself a couple of years ago that once I was done with WoW, I'm done with MMOs in general. While I've had a ton of fun playing it, it has been a massive time sink (I'm OCD and a completionist).
--
KI6RIT

FourWheelKid

join:2006-03-03
Broussard, LA
reply to monchis

World of Tanks, mostly.

fluffybunny

@cipherkey.com
reply to monchis

planetside 2. its awesome.

Savious
Ill-advised
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4
reply to monchis

I've been enjoying Rift, although very casually.
--
Gaming with me is better than sex.

cat666

join:2013-04-26
reply to monchis

WoW mainly, although I'm getting annoyed with the end game queues. If you are not part of a guild (and even sometime if you are) then trying to do anything as a DPS character is a chore due to either queue times in LFR or no spaces for DPS. Even healers are having a harder time of it, with PUG flex groups mostly needing tanks.

I've messed around a little on RIFT too, but only casually.

Ast1

@80.79.208.x

Playing FFXIV. currently.
Played Planetside 2 for a few months prior to that and before that was on Rift for 18 months or so

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
reply to monchis

None at the moment. Waiting for ESO to be released first. If ESO bombs, I am going to return to WoW.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

liquoranne

join:2009-01-14
reply to monchis

Rift here. Just hit 60 and working towards seeing what end game is all about. Was a fun leveling experience tho so if end game isnt what i hoped ill probably just run through it again to pass the time.

primeomega

join:2004-03-11
De Pere, WI

said by liquoranne:

Rift here. Just hit 60 and working towards seeing what end game is all about. Was a fun leveling experience tho so if end game isnt what i hoped ill probably just run through it again to pass the time.

Did they ever add anymore of the little side quests that you could do solo? I remember doing 1 or 2 on my Cleric. Like a little story line type quest? Could do it solo or with someone.

liquoranne

join:2009-01-14

Yea they have like 8-9 Chronicles, they are called, that some can be solo'd others duo'd. I did one last night and it was challenging but pretty fun. Im still learning all the different things to do, like daily raid rifts, greater hunt rifts, chronicles, storm leagion experts then of course raiding. Havent messed with pvp much...

pandora
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Outland
reply to monchis

GW2, I'll wait for the next expansion before trying WoW again.
--
Congress could mess up a one piece jigsaw puzzle.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5

1 recommendation

I went back to WoW to try the last raid thing.
--
"I just wanted chili" - Krisnatharok

primeomega

join:2004-03-11
De Pere, WI
reply to liquoranne

Nice, thanks. I played the game at launch till max level, and then did end game. Was very fun. I loved the fact that my Cleric could do all roles, and solo like a champ. lol. Glad to see they are still adding stuff to the game now its free.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to monchis

I'm still at WoW. Now that we can transfer BoA's to any realm which I've been waiting on for a long time I've been going back to a couple of toons. One of them is on Uldaman (full T1 PvP gear hunter) and I was on the night them and Ravencrest merged. I don't believe I have ever laughed so hard for so long listening to the two realms meeting each other for the first time. So much so I'm going to do a wedding crasher kind of thing and roll on to all the merges if there are any left.
--
Maybe someday the ACC will allow us to play their precious little teams. Beat Pitt and Miami next Sat. I fail to see a difference in our schedule than 5 years ago.

pandora
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Outland
reply to Jobbie

Hmm, is it enough to hold you? For me, the biggest problem is the graphics and character customization (or lack of it).
--
Congress could mess up a one piece jigsaw puzzle.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

2 recommendations

I am enjoying my time so far, Blockfire,Archivis, Antonica, Krisnatharok and Energystrean came back we have been having fun with the grinds and the off PvP here and there, I want to know more about the new expansion to see if I will stay or not.
--
"I just wanted chili" - Krisnatharok

Mashiki
Balking The Enemy's Plans

join:2002-02-04
Woodstock, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bright House
reply to Nightfall

said by Nightfall:

None at the moment. Waiting for ESO to be released first. If ESO bombs, I am going to return to WoW.

In the beta(nda in effect beyond that still), it's shit. So badly made in terms of shit, not even dung beetles would want to use it.

Oh and I just resubbed to WoW.

monchis
Premium
join:2002-12-09
Los Angeles, CA
reply to Ast1

said by Ast1 :

Playing FFXIV. currently.
Played Planetside 2 for a few months prior to that and before that was on Rift for 18 months or so

how do you like ff?
--
dslreports.com

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to Mashiki

said by Mashiki:

said by Nightfall:

In the beta(nda in effect beyond that still), it's shit. So badly made in terms of shit, not even dung beetles would want to use it.

Oh and I just resubbed to WoW.

I have played the last two betas and found it to be pretty darn good. The last beta especially. I think its going to be worth a purchase and a 3 month sub at least. Jury is still out after that.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

Ast1

@80.79.208.x
reply to monchis

Really enjoying FF actually. If you are looking for new innovative MMOing, then you won't find it here, instead you just have a very well refined traditional MMO.
Perhaps it's the fact I had no expectations of the game which has allowed me to really enjoy it (I was in limbo with MMOs and then suddenly saw FFXIV the remake had been released so just grabbed it)

I love the fact you can be all classes on one character (once you reach lvl 10 and do your class quest you can then go to any other class guild and pick up the class. From then on all you have to do is equip the class weapon and become it. You still lvl each class seperately from lvl 1, you just get to do so on one character rather than starting new ones)

I am a casual 'hardcore' player (in that I play a lot but I am not racing to get anywhere or rushing to have the best) so I am only just coming to the end of the main story questline (which I have really enjoyed), though I believe there is also additional story quests that were added in 2.1 for me to do too.

SO yeah, it's fun and I see myself playing quite a bit longer. The game is a subscription so that may put some off (though personally I like my subscription games). It isn't groundbreaking but it does what it does very well.