spc
uniqs
bjlockie
join:2007-12-16
Ontario

bjlockie to Pabl0

to Pabl0

Re: This is a joke right?

Do it while you're on the phone with someone.

Pabl0
join:2004-08-11
Canada

Pabl0

I think the practice as a whole is someting worth reconsidering.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

you can still have a firewall but simply open up ICMP, but it does seem silly and dumb to ask that. it should be enough for you to simply provide whatever test results they need.

Pabl0
join:2004-08-11
Canada

Pabl0

said by jmck:

you can still have a firewall but simply open up ICMP, but it does seem silly and dumb to ask that. it should be enough for you to simply provide whatever test results they need.

I agree but in my experience so far anything short of complete compliance is an opportunity to blame your setup/equipment.

The latest on my is the trace route indicated there is a problem with the modem or the cable connected to the modem. More amusing.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

maybe you can provide something better, get winmtr or mtr and run it against google.ca and report the results to them. let it run for a good 5-10 mins and it should help them identify the issue easier.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to jmck

Premium Member

to jmck
said by jmck:

I'd like to know how they'd ask you to do this on a Sagemcom, which blocks ICMP by default and doesnt have the setting to enable it.

Some people use the Sagemcom as their router, how does TSI expect them to bypass it?

Are they going to go thru with them to set up a PPPoE dialer on their computer?