uniqs

Moorecards
join:2001-10-19
Martinsburg, WV

1 edit

Moorecards

[NFL] Super Bowl XLVIII Discussion

Click for full size
Feb. 2 -- MetLife Stadium (East Rutherford, N.J.)
Seattle at Denver 6:20 p.m. FOX

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium Member
join:2001-11-29
Trenton, NJ

Eagles LoveR

Premium Member

It's rare for a matchup that a lot of people predicted week 1. The Seahawks vs the Broncos. Offense vs Defense on a neutral field. This could very well be one of the best SBs we have seen in quite some time!
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned)

It very well could be one of the worst superbowls of all time. Playing it outdoors in New York could make it a very bad game. Ironically, the worse the conditions are the higher the ratings will be. We will know more a couple days before the game.

Domane
Premium Member
join:2013-04-18

Domane

Premium Member

The New York metropolitan area the insatiable beast that must be fed no matter the consequences or costs. At least after the 2014 game we can cross them off for the foreseeable future.

I won't live to see it but the day of all domed stadiums will someday arrive. Good.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by Domane:

I won't live to see it but the day of all domed stadiums will someday arrive. Good.

But it's so much more fun to watch them play in the snow, or driving rain.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards
»news.yahoo.com/super-bow ··· nfl.html

Tickets are pricey too!

What is with the starting time 6:30 on a Sunday night.............stupid.

RockCake
Premium Member
join:2005-07-12
Woodbridge, VA

RockCake

Premium Member

Yep, they seem to start later every year. The first one I remember watching (XIII) started at 4:15.
It's only a matter of time before we see a 8:30 kickoff. Follow the money!
Critsmcgee
join:2011-12-02

Critsmcgee to Eagles LoveR

to Eagles LoveR
said by Eagles LoveR:

It's rare for a matchup that a lot of people predicted week 1. The Seahawks vs the Broncos. Offense vs Defense on a neutral field. This could very well be one of the best SBs we have seen in quite some time!

Since Super Bowl XXXVII (2003). (#1 D vs #1 O)

Domane
Premium Member

Domane to RockCake

Premium Member

to RockCake
The first one I remember is...the first one! Sigh. It started in the early afternoon in the Los Angeles Coliseum which I would guestimate was about 70 percent full. It was a nice warm sunny Southern California day. (Like all of this winter this year so far.)

Man I sure hope the weather is decent in that rat hole they are playing the game at this year.

Look for Seattle to score more and be much better effective against Denver than they were against San Francisco...weather permitting.

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium Member
Trenton, NJ

Eagles LoveR to Critsmcgee

Premium Member

to Critsmcgee
And yet most predicted the Eagles to be in that spot even a game prior. Eagles were clear cut favorites out of the NFC.
Critsmcgee

Critsmcgee

said by Eagles LoveR:

And yet most predicted the Eagles to be in that spot even a game prior. Eagles were clear cut favorites out of the NFC.

The Eagles only had a 4 point spread in Vegas odds. Of course they have a history of being the favorite as far as Vegas odds and choking too. 1 out of 4 times since 2000 and between 3.5 and 5.5 points so they aren't a very strong favorite anytime they get there. No offense.

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium Member
Trenton, NJ

Eagles LoveR

Premium Member

They were clear cut favorites to advance to the SB since the beginning of the season - Bucs offense wasn't the 99 Rams either, and lost I think 4 consecutive to the Birds also only holding the 2 seed. Most people predicted the Eagles to go to the SB that year, not the Bucs.
Eagles LoveR

Eagles LoveR to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards
On another note.. LOL

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· tkGMsBDI
Eagles LoveR

Eagles LoveR to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· Q6yv0Dg4
25696122 (banned)
join:2013-12-20

25696122 (banned) to Moorecards

to Moorecards
Defense rankings:
»www.nytimes.com/2013/12/ ··· tml?_r=0

MPScan
Premium Member
join:2001-08-24
Boston, MA

3 recommendations

MPScan to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards
Click for full size
Got my tickets! Woohoo! The planets finally aligned. First Super Bowl in my neck of the woods. Friends in NYC/Jersey City = No airfare costs and no hotel costs. Can't wait to check this off the bucket list. Now, just praying for a nice 55 degree weekend in two weeks.

Domane
Premium Member

Domane

Premium Member

said by MPScan:

Got my tickets! Woohoo! Now, just praying for a nice 55 degree weekend in two weeks.

Congrats and every football fan in the world is praying for the same thing you are. The only exceptions might be some wise Seattle fans.

MPScan
Premium Member
join:2001-08-24
Boston, MA

MPScan

Premium Member

said by Domane:

some wise Seattle fans.

I'm a Seahawks fan for this one. Two buddies of mine who are Seattle season ticket holders are flying in for this game and apparently, they're giving me a jersey to wear for the game. Don't even know who's it will be... but I am definitely going to leave my Pats Welker jersey at home.

capdjq
Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

capdjq to Domane

Premium Member

to Domane
said by Domane:

said by MPScan:

Got my tickets! Woohoo! Now, just praying for a nice 55 degree weekend in two weeks.

Congrats and every football fan in the world is praying for the same thing you are. The only exceptions might be some wise Seattle fans.

If they played in yesterday's weather it would be a disaster. Its not so much the game but the torture the spectators have to go through just to attend the event. Lining up in sub zero temperatures to go through security checks, not able to walk to the game but catch shuttle buses then sit your ass down on frozen seats.
Then the game itself. We wont see the best of that great offense, probably the best in history vs the greatest defense. It will be a matter who can survive in the cold, freezing temperatures and snow. But then again it might be a balmy 50 degrees.
I waited months for the SB but now, I feel, the winner will be The Survivor not necessarily the most skilled

Edge1
But these go to 11.
Premium Member
join:2006-03-01
USA

Edge1 to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards
I might have jumped the gun on Sherman (saying he's an idiot). Saw some lucid, rational, well-articulated comments from him yesterday. They played the audio of what he said to Crabtree after the pick. It was a lot of "Great Game!" over and over. Sounded complimentary, but then Crabtree shoved his face, understandably not in the mood to talk. I know its silly WR/DB drama but i think I may actually like the guy. I'd take him on my team, that's for sure.

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium Member
Trenton, NJ

Eagles LoveR

Premium Member

said by Edge1:

I might have jumped the gun on Sherman (saying he's an idiot). Saw some lucid, rational, well-articulated comments from him yesterday. They played the audio of what he said to Crabtree after the pick. It was a lot of "Great Game!" over and over. Sounded complimentary, but then Crabtree shoved his face, understandably not in the mood to talk. I know its silly WR/DB drama but i think I may actually like the guy. I'd take him on my team, that's for sure.

Its trash talk, who cares. Richard Sherman isn't out there getting arrested or anything of that sort - he's talking trash. I don't get why its such a massive deal if these guys act, you know, HUMAN. I love me some Richard Sherman

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Watched an interview where he was talking about being called a thug....and he says that he watched the Calgary vs Canuck's hockey game where they had a line brawl as soon as the puck was dropped.

He goes........those guys are thugs...lol

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards
Sherman's a great CB, no doubt about it, but he's still an asshole.

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium Member
Trenton, NJ

Eagles LoveR

Premium Member

I don't get the hype around it. He talks trash, but he's much much better than those players that almost everyone loves. Ray Ray, Big Ben, Vick, ETC.. The guys talk shit to the other team and backs it up. Whats wrong with that? Are we that much of a pansy society we get offended with that?

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008

Premium Member

There's something called sportsmanship that he doesn't seem to have. I would expect a little at the pro level.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to MPScan

Premium Member

to MPScan
Long term forecast shows sunny 26-35f with snow showers possible.
Critsmcgee

Critsmcgee to Rook008

to Rook008
said by Rook008:

There's something called sportsmanship that he doesn't seem to have. I would expect a little at the pro level.

Not to mention he doesn't live up to his own hype.

Domane
Premium Member

Domane

Premium Member

He mostly plays man-to-man coverage. He is considered the best shutdown corner in the league.

Do you know how many passes were attempted in the entire game to people he was covering?
Critsmcgee

Critsmcgee

said by Domane:

He mostly plays man-to-man coverage. He is considered the best shutdown corner in the league.

Do you know how many passes were attempted in the entire game to people he was covering?

Why are you bringing Revis into the conversation?

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium Member
Trenton, NJ

Eagles LoveR

Premium Member

Revis 2 years ago.