how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

join:2013-12-20
reply to capdjq

Re: [NFL] Super Bowl XLVIII Discussion

said by capdjq:

We don't need to be reminded by Sherman that he's one of the best corner backs in the NFL.

In the last 2 years. He still has more to prove to earn a crown.

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to Moorecards
The Broncos will win Super Bowl XLVIII, predicts Madden NFL 25
quote:
EA Sports just sent over its annual Super Bowl simulation -- this time using the Xbox One version of Madden NFL 25 -- and it’s good news for Denver. The Broncos will grind their way to the Lombardi trophy by beating the Seahawks 31-28 in an overtime thriller, making Manning the first starting quarterback in NFL history to lead two different teams to Super Bowl victories.
»games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in ··· 173.html

Based on the rest of the article, seems to me the results are based on a *single* run. Due to my line of work, I'm not unfamiliar with simulation and modelling, and normally one need to run at least several hundred simulations using random seeds.

In any case, my prediction is that Madden NFL 25 will fail this time.
--
.sig

Edge1
But these go to 11.
Premium
join:2006-03-01
USA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Moorecards
I get the feeling Peyton is enjoying the Richard Sherman Show, lol. Anything to distract the opposition and simultaneously deflect attention to anyone but himself.

Really looking forward to the game, may the best team win.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

3 recommendations

reply to Moorecards
I want the game to go down like this: 4 seconds left in the fourth quarter, Denver is down by 4 points and has a third and goal at the Seattle 9 yard line. Manning floats one to Thomas in the corner of the endzone, but it's tipped by Sherman... and lands right in the hands of Wes Welker. TD Denver. Game Over.
Richard Sherman finally shuts up for 15 minutes.

Anyway, looking forward to a good game, may the Broncos win.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

brian
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Lake Forest, CA
said by Rook008:

Manning floats one to Thomas in the corner of the endzone, but it's tipped by Sherman... and lands right in the hands of Wes Welker. TD Denver. Game Over.

I would love to see this.
--
flickr gallery | photo blog (rarely updated) | play mafia!

Critsmcgee

join:2011-12-02
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Rook008
said by Rook008:

I want the game to go down like this: 4 seconds left in the fourth quarter, Denver is down by 4 points and has a third and goal at the Seattle 9 yard line. Manning floats one to Thomas in the corner of the endzone, but it's tipped by Sherman... and lands right in the hands of Wes Welker. TD Denver. Game Over.

Anyway, looking forward to a good game, may the Broncos win.

That works for me. Sherman reminds me of Keyshawn (Meshawn).
--
"Trust Me I'm The Doctor!" -Doctor Who

aurgathor

Lynnwood, WA
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to Rook008
said by Rook008:

Keep dreaming.
It's going to be a thug-o-war, and Seattle will win it with defense.
--
.sig

The game is the Hawks O vs the Broncos D. The other side is a tie. I doubt the Hawks D decides the game.

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver
said by 25696122:

The game is the Hawks O vs the Broncos D. The other side is a tie. I doubt the Hawks D decides the game.

The game is good vs evil. Peyton vs Sherman and evil always wins.
--
If less is more then just think how much more more will be

said by capdjq:

said by 25696122:

The game is good vs evil. Peyton vs Sherman and evil always wins.

White hats alway top black hats. If you want to use that analogy.

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
reply to Moorecards
Blahblahblahblahblah...

Oysters, Jerk Shrimp, Lobster-Stuffed Mushrooms, Garlic Mussels.

Beer. I doubt the White Wine I'll use for cooking will last the night.

Pathfinder
Dazed Confused
Premium
join:2000-03-26
Mount Vernon, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Moorecards
I had a discussion today with my nephew. We both agreed that officiating MAY play a big part in this game. If the Refs take a hands off attitude and let Seattle's defense get away with their usual play then advantage Seattle. If, however, they call a tight game advantage Denver.
You hate to see poor officiating be a deciding factor but after this regular season I am not hopeful.

said by Pathfinder:

I had a discussion today with my nephew. We both agreed that officiating MAY play a big part in this game. If the Refs take a hands off attitude and let Seattle's defense get away with their usual play then advantage Seattle. If, however, they call a tight game advantage Denver.
You hate to see poor officiating be a deciding factor but after this regular season I am not hopeful.

I highly doubt they slip up much or let anyone get away with much. This will be the most watched show ever in US history.

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver
reply to Pathfinder
said by Pathfinder:

Why? The referees should make calls according to the rules. Why should it be any different in the SB?
--
If less is more then just think how much more more will be

Pathfinder
Dazed Confused
Premium
join:2000-03-26
Mount Vernon, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon FiOS
said by capdjq:

Why? The referees should make calls according to the rules. Why should it be any different in the SB?

Did you see any of the calls this year?

»profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ··· oal-try/

»www.businessinsider.com/nfl-refs ··· -2013-12

Seattlenoise

@comcast.net
reply to Edge1
said by Edge1:

I get the feeling Peyton is enjoying the Richard Sherman Show, lol. Anything to distract the opposition and simultaneously deflect attention to anyone but himself.

Seattle keeps making it worse on themselves. The Sherman Show was just dying down and the Marshawn Lynch Show starts up where he starts a battle with the press. Seattle is evidently a team that can't take any directions from the front office to act professionally. That is the kind of team that probably won't be back in the SB next year.

Seattlenoise

@comcast.net
said by Seattlenoise :

said by Edge1:

Seattle keeps making it worse on themselves. The Sherman Show was just dying down and the Marshawn Lynch Show starts up where he starts a battle with the press. Seattle is evidently a team that can't take any directions from the front office to act professionally. That is the kind of team that probably won't be back in the SB next year.

Read this transcript of Lynch talking to press. »nesn.com/2014/01/marshawn-lynch- ··· t-fined/

All the "...boss" comments show that Lynch somehow thinks he is being treated like a slave on the plantation and he is showing his disrespect of the press and the NFL brass with his comments.

Parallax
Premium
join:2013-04-18
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Champion Broadba..
·Time Warner Cable
reply to capdjq
said by capdjq:

said by Pathfinder:

If the Refs take a hands off attitude and let Seattle's defense get away with their usual play then advantage Seattle. If, however, they call a tight game advantage Denver.

Refs will officiate as regular or better in the SB and a suggestion otherwise is without reasonable merit IMO.

The innuendo "If the Refs take a hands off and let Seattle's defense get away with their usual play then advantage Seattle" is self contradictory.

boognish
Premium
join:2001-09-26
Baton Rouge, LA
kudos:6
reply to Moorecards
This is about all I have to say about that.

--
don't get 2 close 2 my fantasy

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
Reviews:
·Vonage
reply to Moorecards

It's official.........Seahawks will win

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM
kudos:2
Eli, huh? How do we know that isn't just Peyton's brother pretending to be an ape and making such a prediction so that he will still have more rings than his brother?
--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

Critsmcgee

reply to Moorecards

Re: [NFL] Super Bowl XLVIII Discussion

A Madden NFL 25 simulation has predicted a Denver Broncos victory, 31-28.
--

wolfy339

join:2005-04-30
Edmonds, WA

2 edits
reply to Moorecards
Time for me to add my $0.02: in a battle between #1 Offense and #1 Defense, the Defense wins IMHO. That said, I am expecting to be a slug fest, a dog fight really, for both teams on both sides of the ball. My prediction: Seattle 24, Denver 21. The officiating will be closely watched by fans of both teams, in addition to Goodell & co. at the NFL, and I believe fans on both sides are smart enough to know a poorly officiated game when they see one. I am not attempting to turn this into a debate on officiating, or whether or not the crew selected will do a good job, I am merely stating that if the game is poorly officiated the fans will recognize it and choose to not watch.

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to Moorecards
The Simpsons predicted this game years ago:

Critsmcgee

Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to wolfy339
said by wolfy339:

Time for me to add my $0.02: in a battle between #1 Offense and #1 Defense, the Defense wins IMHO.

That depends on the quality of the O and D that face each other. If the O is far more dominate it's going to wear the D down and overcome them. The reverse is true if the D is dominate over the O.
--

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM
kudos:2
reply to Moorecards
It will boil down to whether or not Seattle's pass rush can disrupt Manning's routine. If Denver's line can't protect Manning long enough for his computer-like brain to complete his read progression and make the throw, the Denver offense will suffer in what will be relatively low-scoring victory by Seattle. But if Manning has time, look for a high-scoring Denver win.

I just want to see an exciting game. The last SBs going back for the past several years have, for the most part, been pretty close and exciting, coming down to the last few drives.
--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

RockCake
Premium
join:2005-07-12
Woodbridge, VA
reply to Kardinal
Wait a minute, doesn't Homer own the Broncos? Why isn't he at the game?!

TwinkleStar

@sbcglobal.net
reply to Moorecards
NOW AY SEATTLE WILL WIN CCAUSE DALLAS IS THE BEST EVER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
reply to Moorecards
Seahawks 8-0 and more pts on the way.
--
GO SEAHAWKS~

aurgathor

Lynnwood, WA
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to Moorecards
Déjà vu all over again?

I think some people were kinda dismissive of the pre-season spanking of Denver, but so far it doesn't look to be much different...
--
.sig