Search similar:

uniqs
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

[bug] Why this intermittent display problem (all browsers)?

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
This has been going on over a month now intermittently on this site. Forum main pages and postlist/all suddenly do not display correctly. Refreshing does not fix the problem. I see it on all browsers if it happens on Fx 24.2.0 ESR, which I use the most (and is the current supported Fx Enterprise version), and I immediately switch to another browser (IE 10 on Windows 8 Pro, Sea Monkey 2.23 and Opera 12.15) I see the problem there also. Usually, the problem fixes itself after a few minutes but then it may happen repeatedly for several hours and then disappear for 8-10 hours or so and then is back for awhile.

It also happens on my older XP Pro machine at the same time it happens on the Win 8 Pro machine. It has nothing to do with my monitor as I have two different monitors and the monitor for my Win 8 machine is a brand new Dell 24" Ultrasharp.

I never see any problems like this on other sites. When it happens here, if I go to other open tabs to other sites on Fx, everything looks fine at all other sites. So, I don't think it could be a network/ISP problem. It is beginning finally to be a bit irritating so I thought I'd ask about it. Is there anything I can do to fix it?