uniqs
share rss forum feed

GmDude66

join:2007-09-09
York, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

[X1-X2] Obtaining X1 with existing double play package

Has anyone had luck obtaining the X1 platform with an existing double play package?

After a lengthy live chat, she says that only triple play customers can get this.

I asked if I could upgrade, she said yes, but for an outrageous price (I wont use the phone anyways, plus I would need to rent Comcasts EMTA.)

Any ideas? Its kind of low that existing customers get the short end of the stick.

psuPete

join:2010-08-09
Lemont, PA

If you do not have existing promos, then a 3-play promo package may be useful PLUS you'll get the X1. Then assuming that the promo can be cancelled and switch back to 2-play, would you be able to keep the X1?

Don't know.

Pete

GmDude66

York, PA

Could work, unless they want to come repo my X1 then. :P

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:3
reply to GmDude66

said by GmDude66:

Has anyone had luck obtaining the X1 platform with an existing double play package?

After a lengthy live chat, she says that only triple play customers can get this.

Well, here is what it says in this article in the Beaver County Times:

Comcast makes local upgrades
Beaver County Times - January 20, 2014
»www.timesonline.com/entertainmen···999.html
quote:
Available now to new customers who sign up for Double Play or Triple Play packages, or current Double Play customers who upgrade to the Triple Play, ...
:
Available now for Triple Play or brand-new Double Play customers, X1 will be rolled out to other customer segments in the coming months.

GmDude66

York, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

That's definitely good news! I'm willing to upgrade to a triple play, but what they are offering me (as an existing customer) is way too high.

How much does everyone pay for their triple plays? Are you new or existing customers? Which package?

I'm eying up the XF Preferred Plus Triple Play. (Preferred TV + Blast Internet. Don't care about the phone.)

GmDude66

York, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to GmDude66

Just got a call from the "Comcast Executive Care Team" who basically just parroted what the lady on the chat told me. Actually, this guy just told me you NEED the XF Preferred Plus Triple Play. The base triple play package will not work with the X1 platform currently because the "codes" aren't in the system.

What?!

Still not paying ~$150/month for this...

joejoejeo

join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN

I got X1 without double or triple play. What I did was to get an appointment to have my DVR upgraded in chat. Then I chatted with them again to have them put in the appointment and tech notes exactly that, "customer needs the Pace XG1 DVR and will not execpt anyother DVR." And if they ask you about the x1 DVR tell them that you don't want x1 DVR you want the Pace XG1 DVR. And if they tell you that the pace XG1 DVR is an X1 DVR thell them it is not. Then I chatted with them a third time to verify what was in the appointment and tech notes. That's how I got the Pace XG1.

GmDude66

York, PA

They are still saying I need triple play. They will still not budge on the pricing.

novanosis

join:2011-02-21
kudos:1

They won't budge because they can't the system will lock them out if they tried. So many errors will pop up and any loophole they try will just infuriate them more.

Only option right now is retention. Not a guarantee but they are the only ones with the power to bypass the system .

said by GmDude66:

They are still saying I need triple play. They will still not budge on the pricing.

Chuck66

join:2004-04-28
Mantua, NJ
reply to GmDude66

Email this guy.

»www.comcast.com/Corporate/Custom···ect=true

Explain how you have been a loyal customer, and you're thinking about switching if you can't get the latest technology without having to upgrade plans. Dish and DirectTV do not require you to switch plans.

That is how I got the upgrade.

joejoejeo

Bloomington, IN

how about doing what i said to get the X1 DVR. I have mentioned above and a lot of times on this forum how i got the X1 DVR without double or triple play and not paying more for it. you should try that way to try to get X1 DVR

GmDude66

York, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to GmDude66

Upgrading to a triple play, I was offered a great deal. The Office Of Tom Karinshak helped the most with this

I also got to pick my equipment. I will be getting the Motorola XG1-M and the Cisco DPC3939!

SpHeRe31459

join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

said by GmDude66:

Upgrading to a triple play, I was offered a great deal. The Office Of Tom Karinshak helped the most with this

I also got to pick my equipment. I will be getting the Motorola XG1-M and the Cisco DPC3939!

Let us know if you really get the brand new Motorola XG1, if so you'd be one of the first known people to get it instead of the Pace made version.

Camaro
Question everything
Premium
join:2008-04-05
Westfield, MA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to GmDude66

Well in my case, I went down to my local office it's 5 min around the corner and I talk to real people face to face and I was told aside from the $30 install charge my triple play would stay the same no price increase. Be glad you can get a box, they oversold in my area and now I am on a 2 month waiting list to try and get a box.

Found this link in a Comcast forum, from the looks of it you are SOL. Corporate America strikes again.

»forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-···/1782026

ComcastTech

join:2008-05-31
reply to GmDude66

You can do it in my system

ComcastTech

join:2008-05-31
reply to GmDude66

which is in the same region as your system

Kevin_

join:2003-12-10
Marietta, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to GmDude66

I just tried recently with our double play and no luck. They said that Triple Play was required, but we didn't need the phone, so we didn't want the triple play. I'm baffled why they can't do it with double play and even more of why a tech has to come out to install it instead of being self-installed.

GmDude66

York, PA

Kevin_ email this address: ecare@comcast.com and state your concerns. They hooked me up with a good Triple play and are waiving all install fees. The installation is scheduled for Saturday.

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA
reply to Camaro

You do realize that the latest post in the thread you linked to is from October....

Camaro
Question everything
Premium
join:2008-04-05
Westfield, MA

Yup, but from reading the question I figure I would help out with giving info that goes along the lines with what the OP asked. And from what it looks like that hasn't changed for getting X1 service.

GmDude66

York, PA

They are scheduled to come out between 2:30 and 4:30 today. Will keep you guys posted

joejoejeo

Bloomington, IN

so what is the update

GmDude66

York, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

Everything installed successfully!

I did in fact get the Arris-Motorola X1 box that I asked for.

Loving the X1 thus far, many features to play with. Love the X1 app on the iPhone so I can use voice control. X2 Preview looks even better! Exit; Exit; 9; 8; 9; 6

I also got the DPC3939 I requested, but disabled the wireless on it (my Asus RT-AC66R handles the wireless). I have Blast for life with this package.

Signal:
Frequency
699 MHz
705 MHz
711 MHz
717 MHz
723 MHz
729 MHz
735 MHz
741 MHz

SNR
37.356 dB
37.636 dB
37.636 dB
37.636 dB
37.636 dB
37.636 dB
37.356 dB
37.356 dB

Power
-0.100 dBmV
0.200 dBmV
0.200 dBmV
-0.200 dBmV
-0.300 dBmV
-0.500 dBmV
-0.700 dBmV
-1.200 dBmV

Modulation
256 QAM
256 QAM
256 QAM
256 QAM
256 QAM
256 QAM
256 QAM
256 QAM

joejoejeo

Bloomington, IN

OK how do you know it is the Arris/Motorola XG1

SpHeRe31459

Sacramento, CA
reply to GmDude66

said by GmDude66:

Everything installed successfully!

Loving the X1 thus far, many features to play with. Love the X1 app on the iPhone so I can use voice control. X2 Preview looks even better! Exit; Exit; 9; 8; 9; 6

I also got the DPC3939 I requested, but disabled the wireless on it (my Asus RT-AC66R handles the wireless). I have Blast for life with this package.a

Very cool! So you're sure you got a Arris-Motorola XG1 and not a Pace one?

If so, congrats, you're the first person we know to get the brand new Arris-Moto X1 DVR

joejoejeo

Bloomington, IN

Yes we need to see pictures of the box

GmDude66

York, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to SpHeRe31459

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:3

said by SpHeRe31459:

said by GmDude66:

Very cool! So you're sure you got a Arris-Motorola XG1 and not a Pace one?

If so, congrats, you're the first person we know to get the brand new Arris-Moto X1 DVR

said by joejoejeo:

Yes we need to see pictures of the box

OK, well those pictures don't lie, that's a genuine ARRIS-Motorola XG1 box, blue power indicator and everything.

What's also interesting is, instead of being labeled an "XG1-M" (for Motorola), the lower right corner of the front panel shows "XG1-A" (for ARRIS).

Congrats and good luck with it!

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:2

And the LED display is also slightly different! And go figure - Central PA has em!
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

SpHeRe31459

Sacramento, CA

1 edit
reply to GmDude66

Awesome thanks for doing that!

I hope they find their way into other markets soon. I'm still waiting to see how everything with the X2 update shapes up, but one of my other hope was that the ARRIS-Moto hardware was out too so I could see what another vendor's performance and reliability was like.