Search similar:

uniqs
danmcdermott
join:2002-09-21
Dayton, OH

1 recommendation

danmcdermott

[Internet] Intermittent Internet Connection & Symantec Endpoint Protection V11

Thought I’d share this story for those of you who might have intermittent internet connection problems and are using Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP).
I had DSL and was using SEP version 11.0 and all worked fine. Then I cancelled my DSL, got TW Extreme Internet, and began to get intermittent internet connections. At first, the techs thought it was hardware problem, but a modem swap did not solve the problem (FYI, I had a Ubeee DDW3610 gateway and now have an ARRIS DG860 gateway). So I called Tier 3 at TW and a tech named Steve and he surmised that SEP may be causing my problems. Since I installed SEP when I had DSL, and did not uninstall when I got cable, the premise was SEP had all my old DSL settings in its configuration memory. After I removed it, all my problemes have gone away. I didn’t re-install it so I don’t really know if it would still work, but I did not want to take a chance so I installed the free Avast virus protection.
FYI, I know here is a 12.0 SEP version out there, but 11.0 is suppose to be good until 2015.