share rss forum feed

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
join:2007-09-18
Gilroy, CA
kudos:1

It's a buy out

What changes are going to come out of this?

»www.marketwatch.com/story/mounti···ews_stmp

Jan 21, 2014 (ACCESSWIRE via COMTEX) -- Despite a bevy of law-firm investigations of Sirius XM Holdings Inc. SIRI -0.40% for potential stockholder claims as a result of the satellite-radio company's proposed acquisition by Liberty Media Corp., its stock price is making healthy strides.

On Jan. 3, 2014, Liberty Media make its intentions to buy Sirius public by offering about $10.4 billion at a rate of $3.68 per share to take over the network that broadcasts the legendary and hyper-successful Howard Stern. The deal would involve creating a new class of stock called Series C, adding 0.076 per share to give the company a total market value of as much as $27 billion.

The pending acquisition is no doubt driving Sirius Stock volume. On Jan. SIRI traded 17, 55,532,880 shares.

Rocky road

In 2009, Liberty Media bailed out Sirius XM from going bankrupt with a $530 million loan. Since then, Sirius XM has built a subscriber base 25.6 million strong with a myriad of paid-radio choices including classical, rock, alternative, country, sports and live concerts, with Stern serving as the company's platinum anchor. Having new cars equipped with XM receivers has also boosted the company's popularity and acceptability. However, Sirius XM still faces brutal competition from such digital radio competitors as Pandora Media Inc., AOLRadio and Apple Inc.

Its share price closed at $3.72, up 5 cents from its closing price of $ 3.67 the previous day.
--
"We are the only intelligent people in the universe." Arrogance 3:10
Sometimes, I like to tape my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I am a T-Rex. rawr

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..

I may have missed it but, when will all of this be finalized?

As a long term subscriber and someone who has limited choices in my area, I don't want them to screw around with the service itself after the acquisition. I have mobile broadband but that is just not viable while on the move while driving 70mph on a freeway for an hour.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2

I've never had problems in a 4G area with the SXM app on my Galaxy S3 connected to the vehicle's sound system via Bluetooth.
That being said, I just purchased a brand new (very hard to find brand new) SiriusXM TTR1 as shown below in a stock photo.

--
"The level of sacrifice that you give is beyond my comprehension. If the rest of us in the Country showed the level sacrifice that you do on a daily basis, we wouldn't have any of the problems we have." - Comedian Lewis Black speaking to the US troops.

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..

said by Harddrive:

I've never had problems in a 4G area

That would be the problem on my way to and from work. That and not all towers are created equal. I got tired of any app just stopping the streaming in the middle of a song.

That being said... None of that answers the question.