uniqs

Coelispex
join:2013-06-03
Howell, MI

Coelispex to clocks11

to clocks11

Re: [Speed] Comcast 2014 Side Discussion about Doubling Speeds

said by clocks11:

Not sure that is true. I know a co-worker in IL that has Blast Plus (45 channels), only paying about $50/month, and got 105meg update. I have Starter XF Double Play w/ X1, and am paying double what he is, so I'll be annoyed if I don't get bumped to it.

This is true.

Cheese
Premium Member
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL

Cheese

Premium Member

So you got the speed bump as well?
clocks11
join:2002-05-06

clocks11 to Coelispex

to Coelispex
I'm still in my 30 day cancellation period. Wonder if I should call soon while I still have leverage. I should call right? Chat will just give me an offshore person?

train_wreck
slow this bird down
join:2013-10-04
Antioch, TN
Cisco ASA 5506
Cisco DPC3939

train_wreck

said by clocks11:

Chat will just give me an offshore person?

calling will probably do that as well, methinks.

tim
Premium Member
join:2005-06-07
Conroe, TX

tim

Premium Member

said by train_wreck:

said by clocks11:

Chat will just give me an offshore person?

calling will probably do that as well, methinks.

Retentions will most certainly get you someone in the US.
clocks11

clocks11

Thanks. I try that tonight.

Coelispex
join:2013-06-03
Howell, MI

Coelispex

said by clocks11:

Thanks. I try that tonight.

If rententions doesn't work, there's a special number you can try. See my old post here
»Re: Deerfield Beach/Pompano Beach, FL (requested by customer)
Comcast Guy
join:2008-01-16
Harrisburg, PA

Comcast Guy to relish

to relish
Most of the Northeast went live with this on 4/1.

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG

Premium Member

said by Comcast Guy:

Most of the Northeast went live with this on 4/1.

FWIW, not yet here in Union County N.J.

camper
just visiting this planet
Premium Member
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT

camper

Premium Member

Doesn't look like it made it to Bethel, CT yet, either.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by camper:

Doesn't look like it made it to Bethel, CT yet, either.

You're on performance which doesn't seem to be receiving an upgrade at this time in the Northeast. Maybe special locations might have received a bump for performance in the Northeast.

camper
just visiting this planet
Premium Member
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT

camper

Premium Member

Ahhh, you're correct.

thx.

Cheese
Premium Member
Naples, FL

Cheese to relish

Premium Member

to relish
Just got a call back from the number provided for CC Customer Executive office, she is going to research and contact me back. Hopefully it's good news
darylzero46
join:2004-10-12
Chicago, IL

1 edit

darylzero46 to relish

to relish
A friend of mine got a letter in the mail from Comcast with a number on it to call to double his speed for free. He called and a few hours later he had the 105/20 speeds.

I didn't get a letter and called Comcast 2 different times. The first time they said sure. I waited two days and the speed didn't change.
The second time I called the person said you have to have the triple play package in order to get the increase. I have tv+internet w/ Blast speed.

So it "seems" you need the triple play just to be able to upgrade.

Edit: Well nevermind all that I decided to call the tech support people instead of the sales people and she increased my speed right away! yay
clocks11

clocks11 to relish

to relish
I called the number from the letter, and the guy couldn't even find my account. So then I called tech support, and got some newbie. Put me on hold, and then came back and tried to get me to upgrade to a triple play. Finally called retentions. Said 105meg would be a $10 upgrade. Told him about the letters going out, people that live near me that got it for free etc. He said it was only certain plains. After a long discussion, he finally said he would try to add it for free, but got some error saying "check internet package" or something like that. For $10 I finally said screw it........DO IT!

I'll wait and see if the updates in IL become more mainstream. If I do end up being eligable for the free update, he said they can reverse the $10 add-on.

Sadly I have some wireless constraints at the moment, but I have a new router on the way which hopefully will help. I'll have to connect via ethernet and check.

Estimating capacity:
Upstream: 22296 Kbps.
Downstream: 65160 Kbps.

The measurement will take upto 2.5 minutes. Please wait.

Checking for traffic shapers:

Upstream: No shaper detected.
Median received rate: 21877 Kbps.

Downstream: No shaper detected.
Median received rate: 63914 Kbps.

Cheese
Premium Member
Naples, FL

Cheese to relish

Premium Member

to relish
For shits and giggles, I called the tech support again, got told I would need a new modem, and that a tech would need to come out and it would 10 dollars more.

No, no and no. My modem should fine and no reason a tech should need to come out. I guess I will wait for the Exec office to call me back to see what they have to say.
cferro
join:2003-07-27
Jersey City, NJ

1 edit

cferro to relish

to relish
I noticed a speed boost to my internet service yesterday in Jersey City, NJ. I was getting 57/11, and now 105/11.
AMD64Blondie
join:2007-08-17
Portland, OR

AMD64Blondie to relish

to relish
Still no speed increase yet in Portland,OR.

(at least in downtown.)

I'm still on Blast 50/10.
bgoodbody
Bill G
join:2002-05-08
North Truro, MA

bgoodbody to relish

to relish
It here, but it only ups download speed, NOT upload speeds

Blast went from 50/10 to 105/10
xGMANx
join:2014-03-08
Toms River, NJ

xGMANx to relish

to relish
I was also getting 57/11 in central Jersey. But... now I'm seeing 78-80/11. What gives? Any way to get that number up to 105?

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

Chris 313

Premium Member

said by xGMANx:

I was also getting 57/11 in central Jersey. But... now I'm seeing 78-80/11. What gives? Any way to get that number up to 105?

What modem/router do you use? OS? Is all your hardware Gigabit capable? (Modem,router, NIC card?)
clocks11

clocks11

Do you need AC to get over 100meg? I have a 300mbps N router, but can't get over 63meg or so wireless.
xGMANx
Toms River, NJ

xGMANx to Chris 313

to Chris 313
I'm. Using Cisco DCP3939 Gateway Modem. Windows 7 (OS)
mike31US
join:2013-08-15
Orting, WA

mike31US to AMD64Blondie

to AMD64Blondie
said by AMD64Blondie:

Still no speed increase yet in Portland,OR.

(at least in downtown.)

I'm still on Blast 50/10.

Yup, it's not hit the west yet. At least nobody has reported seeing anything and I've not seen any print or ad's.

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

Chris 313 to clocks11

Premium Member

to clocks11
said by clocks11:

Do you need AC to get over 100meg? I have a 300mbps N router, but can't get over 63meg or so wireless.

If you're doing wireless, I think N would suffice. (Although, AC would help if you have need of AC for devices on your network) But there's your problem right there. If you want to make sure you're getting your full 105/10, you need to hardware your connection. Wireless will always be slower.

What is your router's brand/model? (I'm no wireless expert, so you may have to get further help later in trying to max out your wireless)
Chris 313

Chris 313 to xGMANx

Premium Member

to xGMANx
said by xGMANx:

I'm. Using Cisco DCP3939 Gateway Modem. Windows 7 (OS)

Ok. Do you use the gateway device as your router too or do you have a separate router you use with it?

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

1 edit

Mike Wolf to xGMANx

to xGMANx
You wireless or wired when doing the test? Try a different test server? I'm seeing the correct speeds and we're on the same Comcast network (hi neighbor). I can swing by and take a look if you want. Everything could need a restart or it's a signal issue.
Mike Wolf

Mike Wolf to clocks11

to clocks11
I tested an N 450Mbps rated router on 5GHz while next to it wirelessly and I was seeing the same speed I was seeing wired.
xGMANx
Toms River, NJ

xGMANx to Chris 313

to Chris 313
I use the gateway as a router. I'm using the xfinity speedtest.comcast.net test site. I'm also doing it straight from the PC. Not a wireless device.
clocks11

clocks11 to Chris 313

to Chris 313
I am currently using an Asus RT-N13U router, and a Airlink 101 Golden N adapter. Both are supposed to go up to 300mbps. My IBM laptops have whatever IBM builds in (dont have time to check now, but they are both 1.5 years old).

I do have a D-Link AC1200 DIR-860L that should arrive tomorrow. I'm hoping that helps, but am suspicious that it s the adapters that are the issue.

BTW - does anyone know how I can see what cfg file my SB6141 has? Can't find it in the regular menus.