iNick
Premium Member
join:2012-12-11
Joliet, IL

iNick to Peter8816

Premium Member

to Peter8816

Re: [Speed] Comcast 2014 Side Discussion about Doubling Speeds

It's not really a upgrade if the upload speed is staying, Which is good because why else would you pay more money just for the download side eh? I wish they had something like Extreme 50 where you got 50Mb/s Down & 15Mb/s Up that was the perfect plan for me.
ERIC8585
join:2012-02-03
Pleasant Hill, CA

ERIC8585

Yeah the new Extreme 150 should have at least a 10mbit increase in upstream but knowing Comcast it won't.

iNick
Premium Member
Joliet, IL

iNick

Premium Member

ERIC If it did I would jump right back up to it. I can get Extreme 105 for $66 a month but didn't wanna do it, B/C I think $30 for 50Mb/s is enough for me until I get 105Mb/s down for $30.
ERIC8585
join:2012-02-03
Pleasant Hill, CA

ERIC8585

You do get 20Mbit upstream with Extreme 105 (Extreme 150) compared to 10 on Blast 50 (Blast 105) though
jm101
join:2011-07-17
Oakland, CA
ARRIS BGW210-700
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

jm101 to relish

to relish
I chatted with Comcast last night and asked about speed upgrades. After telling me about 50 Mbps Blast! the rep said that she didn't know when speed upgrades were coming. But she did renew our free HBO for another 3 months.

iNick
Premium Member
Joliet, IL

iNick to ERIC8585

Premium Member

to ERIC8585
well when Extreme 150 gets here I'll see if I can get the $66 deal for it again
Peter8816
join:2014-07-15
Oakland, CA

Peter8816

Guess I'll have to stay patient and hope they roll out the updates by 8/30 for Oakland if we're lucky.
Peter8816

Peter8816 to daniloni

to daniloni
said by daniloni:

I think my current Comcast nightmare is related enough to the free speed increase to share. I'm in Oakland, CA. I was an internet only customer on Blast (50). When I saw that the Premier Triple Play bundle in Oakland advertised Extreme 105 as part of the bundle, I decided to sign up (reasoning that I could downgrade my DirecTV, get rid of my AT&T phone service, double my internet speed, and have both DirecTV and Comcast TV service for the same price as I was currently paying). I did not order the Comcast Triple Play online because there was no way to account for the fact that I had my own DVR (Tivo) and wanted to install my own EMTA modem rather than rent a Comcast gateway. So I called Comcast and ordered the Triple Play package. The CSR repeated that I was getting HD Premier which included Extreme 105. The Comcast installer came yesterday (Monday 7/15). He was unable to convert my existing phone jacks to work with CDV. He did get my owned EMTA modem authorized. When he left I ran a speed test and saw that I was still getting blast speeds. I called tech support and they said that my account showed that I should be getting blast as part of the bundle. I was referred to the "loyalty" department. The woman in loyalty insisted that only Blast 50 was part of the bundle being offered. She essentially called me a liar when I told her that I was looking at comcast.com as I spoke to her and that Extreme 105 was shown as part of the package. She said that she was familiar with all bundles offered and that Extreme was not offered on any of them. She declined my offer to email her a screen shot. I was becoming agitated and asked to speak to a manager. She said that she was a manager. I was put on hold and finally, without her admitting I was right, she said that she would add Extreme 105 to my account for 12 months (making it as if she was doing me some kind of favor). I asked if I had to reset the modem, etc. to get the Extreme speeds. She said yes. I reset the modem. I was still getting Blast speeds. I called tech support again. I gave them the above recounting of facts. They said that the prior CSR had not, in fact, added Extreme 105, but that they would add it for me. I was put on hold and then was without warning forwarded to the loyalty department again. The new CSR actually tried to work with me and gave me his email address for a screen shot. He said that he saw I was entitled to Extreme for 12 months, but he was unable to add it to my account. So he created a problem ticket and told me to call back with my ticket number in 72 hours (this upcoming Thursday). In the meantime, after this last call, I noticed that I got a confirmation email of my "order" yesterday and that this confirmation email listed the internet speed in the bundle as "Blast." So I'm not expecting smooth sailing for when I call on Thursday. (Additionally, they gave me a new phone number rather than porting my AT&T number and gave me a Comcast DVR rather than hook up my own DVR with a cable card -- the tech did not have a cable card on him.) Coincidentally, this was the same day that Comcast was being butchered in social media for they guy who was unable to cancel his service.

That was an EPIC video. lol.. It's truely the Comcast experience anytime I call in for ANY reason.
daniloni
join:2014-05-22
Oakland, CA

daniloni

Finally taken care of. just took getting a competent csr. (fifth time is the charm.) now getting 122/22 in oakland wired. about 60-90 down on wifi and 22 up depending on which wifi client.

Drrocky
@24.23.240.x

Drrocky

Anon

What speed tier are you supposed to be on?

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium Member
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA

2 edits

Robotics to relish

Premium Member

to relish
Can anyone tell me if this change has gone into effect yet for Duvall/Jacksonville/Atlantic Beach Fla. ?

Thanks
DJRiktor
join:2014-07-18
El Sobrante, CA

DJRiktor to relish

to relish
California East Bay Confirmed As Of July 30th 2014 SpeedTier 105mbps download and 20mbps upload will be turned into the 150mbps and a upload of 50mbps

Also Anyone In The East Bay Of Cali if you have the 50mbps tier you get the that upgrade for free for 12 months to the 105mbps that saves you on the install as well witch is a 250 dollar value!
jm101
Oakland, CA
ARRIS BGW210-700
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro

jm101

said by DJRiktor:

California East Bay Confirmed As Of July 30th 2014 SpeedTier 105mbps download and 20mbps upload will be turned into the 150mbps and a upload of 50mbps

Also Anyone In The East Bay Of Cali if you have the 50mbps tier you get the that upgrade for free for 12 months to the 105mbps that saves you on the install as well witch is a 250 dollar value!

Do you know if Performance will be upgraded as well?

105 Mbps sounds nice.
DJRiktor
El Sobrante, CA

DJRiktor

check your bill it should say on the 4th page
jm101
Oakland, CA
ARRIS BGW210-700
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro

jm101

said by DJRiktor:

check your bill it should say on the 4th page

Can't find anything about it on the bill. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.
DJRiktor
El Sobrante, CA

DJRiktor

i just confirmed its only the extreme plan
mike31US
join:2013-08-15
Orting, WA

mike31US to relish

to relish
lol, should create a thread just for CA

Wayne99021
Premium Member
join:2004-12-28
Mead, WA

Wayne99021

Premium Member

Last time I talked to a CSR at our local Comcast office, he said Oregon and Washington would see the upgrade sometime this summer, that's all the information they were given. No month, date or anything else.
When people on the west side start saying they have the upgrade, I will start rebooting my modem.

AA1247
@50.151.91.x

AA1247

Anon

I JUST CHECKED THE COMCAST WEBSITE AND IT SAYS BLAST 105MBS AND EXTREME 150MBS.
videomatic3
join:2003-12-12
Pleasanton, CA
ARRIS S33

videomatic3 to DJRiktor

to DJRiktor
said by DJRiktor:

where did you read/hear about the upload changes?
DJRiktor
El Sobrante, CA

DJRiktor

I Work For Comcast So I Got A Work Email Also Its On Your 4th Copy of your bill for Extreme 105 Users Should State The Change
DJRiktor

DJRiktor to mike31US

to mike31US
Its Not Only For CA Texas Also As 2 Other States Others Doing This Upgrade!

netcool
Premium Member
join:2008-11-05
Englewood, CO

netcool to DJRiktor

Premium Member

to DJRiktor
said by DJRiktor:

SpeedTier 105mbps download and 20mbps upload will be turned into the 150mbps and a upload of 50mbps

The upstream is not changing for that tier.
DJRiktor
El Sobrante, CA

DJRiktor

yes upload is changing to 50mbps that was confirmed as well!

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

Chris 313

Premium Member

said by DJRiktor:

Where was this confirmation that the upgrade ends up being 150/50? I'd certainly love to see it.
videomatic3
join:2003-12-12
Pleasanton, CA
ARRIS S33

videomatic3 to DJRiktor

to DJRiktor
said by DJRiktor:

where? it certainly doesnt show in your screen shot of your bill. it shows the same as my bill showed on page 64
DJRiktor
El Sobrante, CA

DJRiktor

the upload will not be on the bill that is only threw my work email you can also contact tech support they will confirm that for you they all can see the upload speeds and they will tell you its 50mbps upload 1800comcast
DJRiktor

DJRiktor to Chris 313

to Chris 313
if you have the extreme 105 package you will see it yourself to what i specified boot files will be done automatically at 12pm pst time on july 30th if you have the 105 extreme your modem will restart itself at this time your boot file will reboot and so will see i am just giving people a heads up so if you have a server rack in your house like i do there will be a downtime of 30 secs and thats allot of time for me since i rent my x2E5-2670 out so i have to credit my customers for the download so just giving you heads up you got 12 days to see

train_wreck
slow this bird down
join:2013-10-04
Antioch, TN
Cisco ASA 5506
Cisco DPC3939

train_wreck to DJRiktor

to DJRiktor
said by DJRiktor:

fyi netcool See Profile (who posted just above you) is a Comcast employee. According to him, this isn't true, unless he doesn't know what you know...
DJRiktor
El Sobrante, CA

DJRiktor

if netcool is he should understand to check his memo's i am a third party working for BestBuy as i sell all the services for all DirectTV Comcast ATT Verizon and Sprint And Multiple Other Companys I Can Say That if He Doesn't know that i am sorry to say you are welcome to Dial Comcast To Confirm what i say is the truth i go on facts not gossip tech support billing knows this change i just got off the phone with them your welcome to call them right now there no hold time