why60loss
Premium Member
join:2012-09-20

why60loss to DJRiktor

Premium Member

to DJRiktor

Re: [Speed] Comcast 2014 Side Discussion about Doubling Speeds

said by DJRiktor:

if netcool is he should understand to check his memo's i am a third party working for BestBuy as i sell all the services for all DirectTV Comcast ATT Verizon and Sprint And Multiple Other Companys I Can Say That if He Doesn't know that i am sorry to say you are welcome to Dial Comcast To Confirm what i say is the truth i go on facts not gossip tech support billing knows this change i just got off the phone with them your welcome to call them right now there no hold time

And third party's always know product upgrades better than people who work for the business who is the first party to the product. (I like best buy and 3rd party sellers just fine, but unless we see 50mbs upload out of it I would stick to it's staying at 20mbs.)

I have to say though it would piss off the TWC maxx users if those on Comcast were getting 50mbs upload out of coax.

Best buy reps have told me all kinds of things some knew there stuff and some didn't. Unless you could post the e-mail saying 50mbs upload then for now I think most will buy a truck load of salt to eat reading your post.

Coelispex
join:2013-06-03
Howell, MI

1 recommendation

Coelispex to DJRiktor

to DJRiktor
said by DJRiktor:

if netcool is he should understand to check his memo's i am a third party working for BestBuy as i sell all the services for all DirectTV Comcast ATT Verizon and Sprint And Multiple Other Companys I Can Say That if He Doesn't know that i am sorry to say you are welcome to Dial Comcast To Confirm what i say is the truth i go on facts not gossip tech support billing knows this change i just got off the phone with them your welcome to call them right now there no hold time

With that kind of grammar, no. 150/20 is the allocated trier for Extreme 150.
videomatic3
join:2003-12-12
Pleasanton, CA
ARRIS S33

2 edits

videomatic3 to DJRiktor

to DJRiktor
said by DJRiktor:

i am a third party working for BestBuy

CONFIRMED you dont know anything
i know best buy reps, they will say anything to get a sale.
even the business class tier is 150/20, i doubt the residential will be anything different
EGANorCal
join:2004-03-27
Fair Oaks, CA

EGANorCal to Coelispex

to Coelispex
Ok ...... so bad grammar and bickering back and forth aside, I'm not seeing a lot of concrete info here. Some crazy story about an East Bay 105 promo only? Extreme 105 users posting their current bill that talks about Extreme 150? No mention of Blast 50 going to Blast 105? 50 upload instead of 20 upload?

The commercial that I'm seeing every night talks about doubling the speed of their two most popular speeds. That has GOT TO BE BLAST AND EXTREME 105! What else could they be talking about? Performance? Starter? And yet I have Blast, getting 57.7 down and 11.7 up, and I have not received any Emails, or phone calls, or notifications in my current bill that says anything about doubling the speed, etc.

This is Comcast, so I know not to expect anything other than miss-communication and frustration, but come on Comcast ..... Give us a break here!!!

Tobin
join:2003-09-21
Burlingame, CA

Tobin to relish

to relish
Here is the deal for SFBA subs.

Performance goes to 50/10, Blast goes to 105/10, Extreme goes to 150/20...each tier gets overprovisioning so your speedtests should become 57/12, 122/12 and 175/23 respectively.

Triple Play promos which used to include Performance and Blast now include Blast and Extreme instead for the same price. These two separate upgrades are not exclusive. it means someone who recently signed a contract for $140/mo over 12 months of HD Preferred Plus, Blast and phone service are eligible for a bump to Extreme 105 right now...and that will automatically become Extreme 150 by the end of July.

why60loss
Premium Member

why60loss

Premium Member

said by Tobin:

Performance goes to 50/10, Blast goes to 105/10, Extreme goes to 150/20...each tier gets overprovisioning so your speedtests should become 57/12, 122/12 and 175/23 respectively.

Triple Play promos which used to include Performance and Blast now include Blast and Extreme instead for the same price. These two separate upgrades are not exclusive. it means someone who recently signed a contract for $140/mo over 12 months of HD Preferred Plus, Blast and phone service are eligible for a bump to Extreme 105 right now...and that will automatically become Extreme 150 by the end of July.

Does that mean those in the north east can also get bumped from blast to extreme for free or is that out west only?

Because then if those in the north east can't do that then those in the west will get the better deal in the end.

Oh and does anyone know how Comcast is doing 250mbs in UT where google fiber is?

Are they doing fiber like the 505 tier or is it just copper still?

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by why60loss:

Oh and does anyone know how Comcast is doing 250mbs in UT where google fiber is?

Are they doing fiber like the 505 tier or is it just copper still?

The Extreme 250 tier is provided via DOCSIS, using the Cisco DPC3939/XB3 16x4 gateway:

»[Speed] Extreme 250?

»Re: [Equip] Desperate Need of Assistance BRIDGING Cisco DCP3939 with Asus RT

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
ARRIS SB6183
Netgear R7000

RR Conductor to Tobin

Premium Member

to Tobin
said by Tobin:

That should go for Comcast's North Bay Network too, which goes all the way up here to Mendocino County. North of us Humboldt County is Suddenlink and Del Norte County is Charter, and to our east Lake County is Mediacom.
Madtown
Premium Member
join:2008-04-26
93637-2905

Madtown to relish

Premium Member

to relish
What about Madera, Ca anything about Madera?

Annon
@68.62.236.x

Annon to DJRiktor

Anon

to DJRiktor
said by DJRiktor:

Don't believe everything you read. You being third-party means you will be one of the LAST to generally get correct information. If you indeed got an email/memo/communication that states what you say it was simply incorrect and whomever put it together was miss-informed or miss-understood what they got told.

The only package switching to 50Mbps upload is the 250Mbps down package that is currently at 25Mbps upload and that's only in a very small number of markets.

I do however suspect 150 will down the road at some point get a bump in upload to maybe 30-35Mbps (and the 105 to 15) but Comcast seems to be lagging behind in the upstream channel bonding side, while leading in the DS side and thus the upload bumps are a little slower.
ERIC8585
join:2012-02-03
Pleasant Hill, CA

1 edit

ERIC8585 to DJRiktor

to DJRiktor
Bs

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to Annon

MVM

to Annon
said by Annon :

The only package switching to 50Mbps upload is the 250Mbps down package that is currently at 25Mbps upload and that's only in a very small number of markets.

I do however suspect 150 will down the road at some point get a bump in upload to maybe 30-35Mbps (and the 105 to 15) but Comcast seems to be lagging behind in the upstream channel bonding side, while leading in the DS side and thus the upload bumps are a little slower.

Yes, an Extreme 250 subscriber in the Olathe, Kansas Google Fiber market says he is on the "special 250/25 package": »Re: [Equip] Desperate Need of Assistance BRIDGING Cisco DCP3939 with Asus RT

In the MCN article about the Extreme 250 tier in Provo, Utah »multichannel.com/news/di ··· o/261323 , it states "... downstream speeds of 250 Mbps and upstream bursts of 50 Mbps ..." but I wonder that these "bursts" of 50 Mbps upstream speed may be from using a "PowerBoost" type shaper, with the sustained rate being 25 Mbps? Running a ShaperProbe test would answer that.
ERIC8585
join:2012-02-03
Pleasant Hill, CA

1 edit

ERIC8585

It's so lame that comcast only offers faster speeds where there's fiber competition.
jm101
join:2011-07-17
Oakland, CA
ARRIS BGW210-700
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

jm101 to Tobin

to Tobin
said by Tobin:

I didn't see anything about our Internet upgrading on the bill. Is it possible Comcast will upgrade the Performance tier later on? Have the HD Preferred XF triple play.

Tobin
join:2003-09-21
Burlingame, CA

Tobin

Call the 800 number. Tell the rep Comcast is offering new Triple Play subs Blast instead of Performance for the same price and you want the same treatment.

n0xlf
join:2001-03-28
Castle Rock, CO

1 edit

n0xlf to relish

to relish
There are numerous examples of speed tests on Extreme 150 in the sticky topic for speed upgrades on this forum. For example:

I'm not sure why some are questioning what it will be - Beyond that, the Best Buy guy clearly has no clue what Netcool does at Comcast - I'll leave it at that...

why60loss
Premium Member

why60loss to Annon

Premium Member

to Annon
Oddly in my market they only have two up stream channels bounded even though we got the 105/10 and 150/20 upgrade. I would have thought they would have also added 2 more upstream channel bounding.

It would be nice to see the upload double as well so that it becomes 105/20 and 150/40 but I don't think that is going to happen.

Annon
@68.62.236.x

Annon

Anon

said by why60loss:

Oddly in my market they only have two up stream channels bounded even though we got the 105/10 and 150/20 upgrade. I would have thought they would have also added 2 more upstream channel bounding.

It would be nice to see the upload double as well so that it becomes 105/20 and 150/40 but I don't think that is going to happen.

I find it odd they are not touching the upload speed.
That's two upgrades now that blast users got no upload bump in, in fact at one point some people got it lowered as for some use to be 50/15 but they moved to 50/10 and 105/20.

All this download speed is starting to be useless considering most servers can't upload but so fast.
You figure even if it's a server with 1Gbps network card and how many people hit it at once.
Grant it larger cloud things are using multiple servers or 10Gb but still.

With the cloud being the new "fancy' thing (that isn't even new and is made up) upload is becoming more important for users to upload high quality videos, pictures etc.

Comcast is lagging a bit in the upstream channel bonding though I've noticed.
My area and surrounding have been stuck at 2 for a while, meanwhile Bright House has almost 4 US bonds on all deployment in the state, though doesn't offer as fast packages which is kind of funny.

Oh well, maybe after this is all done they will go back and bump the uploads a little.
jm101
join:2011-07-17
Oakland, CA
ARRIS BGW210-700
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

jm101 to Tobin

to Tobin
said by Tobin:

Call the 800 number. Tell the rep Comcast is offering new Triple Play subs Blast instead of Performance for the same price and you want the same treatment.

Thanks! It looks like Comcast is offering Blast! free for a year to new customers. Our triple play promo is set to expire in 3 months or so. Maybe we'll just hold off and ask then.
Space Ace
join:2004-10-14
San Jose, CA

Space Ace to relish

to relish
Internet is out in San Jose this morning. Anyone else having this issue in the Bay Area?
Lyons00
join:2003-08-20
San Leandro, CA

Lyons00

Not here in San Leandro!!
videomatic3
join:2003-12-12
Pleasanton, CA

videomatic3 to Space Ace

to Space Ace
Yes Livermore ca also went on and off for a few hours, no outage report so when I called the dumb rep told me I needed a rented modem
Finale
join:2014-04-01
Antioch, CA

Finale to Space Ace

to Space Ace
said by Space Ace:

Internet is out in San Jose this morning. Anyone else having this issue in the Bay Area?

Mine isn't out, but my speeds are literally below a megabyte. Inconsistent though. I would get 120 and then it would go below a megabyte.
Space Ace
join:2004-10-14
San Jose, CA

Space Ace to relish

to relish
Power cycled my modem, no help. Too many orange lights on my modem, and they won't go away. All I could do before having to leave for work this morning. Same thing happened a few months ago and I had to go to my nearest Comcast office and swap for a new modem. Looks like I may have to do that again if it's not up and working by the time I get home from work today.
Space Ace

Space Ace to relish

to relish
My son informs me that everything is back up and working again. Must have been something on Comcasts end. Oh well, carry on.
keenan424
join:2003-01-13
Santa Rosa, CA

keenan424 to relish

to relish
Just got my bill dated 7/16 and there's nothing about any HSI speed increase. Currently on HD Preferred XF with Performance although it's currently on a free Blast upgrade promo.

Santa Rosa, CA
abyss
join:2014-03-29
San Jose, CA

abyss

said by keenan424:

Just got my bill dated 7/16 and there's nothing about any HSI speed increase. Currently on HD Preferred XF with Performance although it's currently on a free Blast upgrade promo.

Santa Rosa, CA

Same; 7/19 bill does not mention any speed increase, it only mentions the West coast feed changes. I'm on Preferred Plus XF. The waiting game continues!
av9116
join:2001-12-17
San Francisco, CA

av9116

»slickdeals.net/forums/sh ··· unt=1553

Who tried this?
doughnet
join:2002-03-22
Newark, CA

doughnet

yes i did

worked for me (they approved) just waiting for proper bootfile to get sent to reboot modem
zip: 94560 newark, ca
mike31US
join:2013-08-15
Orting, WA

mike31US to av9116

to av9116
I believe this is a promo currently running for residents in CA & another state I can't think of at the moment. Basically get Extreme free for 1 year. I tried a few weeks back after being escalated through their customer support chain. This should not be confused with the free doubling of speeds.