Search similar:

uniqs

The_ANoN
@charter.com

The_ANoN

Anon

Port Triggering on DIR-657

Click for full size
Im trying to get an Xbox 360 and PS4 Open NAT on BOTH consoles at the same time. I used port triggering when I had my Linksys router and had no problems. However on the DLink DIR 657, there is "Port Forwarding" and "Application Rules". Do I just use "Port Forwarding" for triggering ports or do I use Application Rules? If Im supposed to use Application Rules, how do I input the forwarded ports? If you can see the screenshot there are two ports I put. I entered every port that XBL/PSN requires just like in the screenshot. I put each port/port range in BOTH the Trigger and Firewall boxes and I changed the "Traffic Type" accordingly. When I did this it saved, but then my internet connection absolutely PLUMMETED down to under 1Mb/sec from 30Mb/sec.. So I tried a couple of other ways, but I kept getting error messages from the DLink router. Was I doing it right? Can anyone help?
tomdlgns
Premium Member
join:2003-03-21

tomdlgns

Premium Member

»portforward.com/english/ ··· DIR-657/

scroll to the X's

The_ANoN
@charter.com

The_ANoN

Anon

Man I just cant seem to find an answer.. Thanks, but Ive already been to that site. They do not show how to trigger ports, they only show how to forward them (unless I missed it).. Is triggering and forwarding the same thing? Maybe Im confusing myself.. Oh well it doesnt matter now as I gave up and replaced the router.
tomdlgns
Premium Member
join:2003-03-21

tomdlgns

Premium Member

i have had routers with triggered and port forward...i have never used the triggered ports feature.