All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

hsheriff
join:2012-09-04
Saint-Lambert, QC

hsheriff

Where is ebox's network equipment located?

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know where in the Montreal area ebox's MX480 is located?
nster
join:2013-12-15
H4P

1 edit

nster

-

-
edugas
join:2004-03-18
H2K

edugas

Re: Where is ebox's network equipment located?

I believe it's at 625 René-Lévesque.

Hosting core equipments outside the "big" city is a no-no unless you have fiber redundancy. All the carriers are either at 625 R-L or 1250 R-L (about 600m from each others).

hsheriff
Saint-Lambert, QC

1 edit

hsheriff

said by edugas:

I believe it's at 625 René-Lévesque.

Yeah, that makes sense, I was about to say I recall something about Cologix on René-Lévesque but I wasn't sure. I guess they have a direct connection to 1250 René-Lévesque where QIX is.

I found this which was quite interesting (but likely outdated): »Electronic Box datacenter pictures and news

interweb
join:2008-03-21

interweb to hsheriff

to hsheriff
said by hsheriff:

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know where in the Montreal area ebox's MX480 is located?

1250 René-Lévesque

diskace
Retired
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21

diskace to hsheriff

Premium Member

to hsheriff
said by hsheriff:

are you planning an attack or something ? :P

hsheriff
Saint-Lambert, QC

hsheriff

Thanks eboxdom

It's interesting to know, I enjoy knowing things like this. I've been learning a lot about routing and peering when analyzing ebox and other ISP's.

Also, a VPS at that location would be a simple way to get a static IP without sacrificing too much bandwidth.

ohmer
join:2003-08-06
Quebec, QC

ohmer

said by hsheriff:

Thanks eboxdom

It's interesting to know, I enjoy knowing things like this. I've been learning a lot about routing and peering when analyzing ebox and other ISP's.

Also, a VPS at that location would be a simple way to get a static IP without sacrificing too much bandwidth.

Try netelligent.ca, they are in the same building with very low latency with ebox network.
GuiGQc
join:2012-02-22
Gatineau, QC

GuiGQc to diskace

to diskace
said by diskace:

are you planning an attack or something ? :P

Hahaha! Forget the off-peak, you should invest in a nuclear bunker!