Premium Member
join:2001-11-23
Bucyrus, OH

1 edit

pvtpilot94 to DHolCr

Premium Member

to DHolCr

Re: Don't Go HughesNet!

While it may be a connection of last resort, In some cases, such as mine. I was looking for a connection that is most affordable. I have DSL at the moment and it is much more expensive than Hughesnet. If the GEN4 system had worked properly for me I would have stayed with Hughesnet.
I just couldn't see paying Hughesnet for their service when at times was like dial-up.
I know there are lots of folks that would much rather have an alternative to Hughesnet, but for me
it is much more of a cost factor than anything. I am sure there are areas where DSL and wireless are
alot cheaper than Hughesnet, but not around here.
Even though it had issues now and then, I was happier with the 7000S modem before I got the GEN4 system.
Looking back, I wonder why Hughesnet didn't offer to move me to a GEN3 Spaceway system rather than losing a customer altogether.
Hughesnet must not have liked me

james1979
Premium Member
join:2012-10-09
Quinault, WA

james1979

Premium Member

said by pvtpilot94:

If the GEN4 system had worked properly for me I would have stayed with Hughesnet. I just couldn't see paying Hughesnet for their service when at times was like dial-up.

HughesNet still hasn't addressed the problem of speeds collapsing during the evening for those of us with that problem. Today I watched my download speed drop from my "up to" 10 Mbps progressively down to 0.731 Mbps.

Oh, let's welcome the latest Unnaturally Happy HughesNet Club Members who showed up in my mailbox!

HughesNet's "Optimization Wizard" obviously worked for those two!