CableConvert
Premium Member
join:2003-12-05
Atlanta, GA

1 edit

CableConvert

Premium Member

Citibank Man in the Middle DNS???

I was running a diagnostic on my connection because it seemed to be running slow. When the results came up there was a red section (I've never had a red section come up before). It said www.citi.com was not returning the correct DNS and could be a man in the middle attack. I have the dump from the testing, but am unsure what to attach, or if I should open it at all. It was ICSI Netalyzr. I use my firewall (ipcop2.06) as a hardware firewall and avast free antivirus. Any suggestions or further info I can post? Do I need to worry about this?
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

If you want someone to go to the trouble of downloading a zip file and unzipping please don't make it a DOS applicatiion that won't run!

Why don't you just use a screenshot of that section?

For me, "citi.com" shows the reverse name being Akamai technologies which is a content distributor.

Your post is confusing because you say "Citibank" and then you say "citi". They are NOT the same. Which do you mean?

As for red sections, tonight was the first time I have not seen red sections. (It's probably because it is Friday evening and no one is on the internet here so I have decent network buffer measurements. Those are usually red even though I have 30/5 cable connection.

norwegian
Premium Member
join:2005-02-15
Outback

norwegian to CableConvert

Premium Member

to CableConvert
As Mele pointed out, it helps if you provide the correct info.
This link is your results:

»n1.netalyzr.icsi.berkele ··· 064-b4d4

If there is DNS issues, either flush dns
»www.wikihow.com/Flush-DNS

Or use a different dns server to see if the results/behavior changes.