spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JeffinKenner

@cox.net

My bill is higher than expected

I was paying 123 a month, now it's 136. That is a huge jump. I can deal with 5 or 6 dollars, but almost 13 dollars more? That's ridiculous.

JeffinKenner

@cox.net

I guess I'll have to buy 13 dollars less junk food every month. A lot of us probably waste more money on stupid stuff than what the price increase is of a utility bill. Why does it always seem like a shock when we get a higher bill? I wish there was a way the could only charge us when we use Cox tv and internet like we do the electric bill. The tv and cable modem could be sitting there doing othing for 10 hours while we are at work but we are still paying for it. I wish the monthly cable bill was only the maximum amount we have to pay.

cchhat01
Dr. Zoidberg

join:2001-05-01
Elmhurst, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·RCN CABLE
·Earthlink Cable ..

Lets see whats better, you pay a flat fee per month or... You just pay for usage... however your usage will depend on what you access, for example, if you're streaming from youtube, you pay extra, if you are downloading torrents you pay waaaaay extra.... this would be a-la-carte-nickel-and-diming.
You''re utility bills you on your usage. "usage" is vaguely defined by god knows who.. metered based billing will have caveats as well.

although i do agree that this price increase merely means about 50c more per day however it looks shocking because it is too much of an increase over a 30day period. you can blame the horrific retransmission rules (where cable companies "pay" the broadcasters to carry the locals instead of the other way around)
--
"Look at me, I'm Dr. Zoidberg, homeowner."

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:1
reply to JeffinKenner

You can "cord shave" as they call it now. Several coworkers have done this with Cox. The first thing to look at is the Internet speed tier you have. Do you really need it to be as high as it is? The second thing is to look at the TV package. Many of my coworkers stopped getting premium channels and others downgraded the TV package until the new bill was at or below the old bill.

BillRoland
Premium
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL
kudos:3
reply to JeffinKenner

I did this in the last round of speed/price increases, cut back from Premier to Preferred, since Preferred is now almost as fast as Premier was before the speed bumps.

I agree that the prices are now bordering on insane.

JeffinKenner

@cox.net
reply to davidhoffman

I want to keep my tier because of the 250 gig cap. I watch a lot of youtube and twitch.tv I always use around 100 to 125 a month.

looser

join:2001-02-04
La Mesa, CA
reply to JeffinKenner

Thanks for the heads up Cox! Just got my bill today with your $10 increase, glad I dumped your Cable TV after last years $15 a month increase. It must be nice to have Carte Blanc on unlimited and endless price increases.

Termites

@cox.net
reply to JeffinKenner

said by JeffinKenner :

I was paying 123 a month, now it's 136. That is a huge jump. I can deal with 5 or 6 dollars, but almost 13 dollars more? That's ridiculous.

Why complain if you're willing to buy less junk food inorder to afford the cable/Internet .

Am looking into Disconnecting Cable Tv it's $25 per month but am getting a prom for $11.00 my bill without any promo went from $73.00 too $102.98,I have basic cable and premier Internet .

So I will be Degrading the Internet also the more they do up the more I cut and others,

Cable tv is more Expensive then Satellite I can get my locals for $5.99. All 10 channels.

Termites

@cox.net
reply to JeffinKenner

said by JeffinKenner :

I want to keep my tier because of the 250 gig cap. I watch a lot of youtube and twitch.tv I always use around 100 to 125 a month.

try hitbox,tv there's no chat delay/ video

JeffinKenner

@cox.net
reply to Termites

They claimed in the past that Disney and ESPN was some of the reason for the price hike. Why don't they just move them to a different package and save us some money? The sports I watch is on local channels anyway. Local NFL and major sporting events.

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:1

When a cable or satellite system operator wants to get any content that Disney controls,such as ABC, they have to take the package deal that includes ESPN and Disney content. If they ask for a la carte pricing, Disney quotes them some single channel pricing that is maybe 100 times the package price. You can pay $15 for the entire Disney package or you can pay $150 for ABC alone. What do you think a cable system or satellite operator is going to choose? Yes, it is legal for Disney to do that.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to BillRoland

course preffered is also as much $ before that last rate hike!
--
Despises any post with strings.

MoneyBags

@cox.net
reply to JeffinKenner

»LA - Southern LA price jacking