Noah Vail
Oh God please no.
Premium Member
join:2004-12-10
SouthAmerica

Noah Vail to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert

Re: Is Brighthouse issuing Transparency Reports?

Click for full size
said by BHNtechXpert:

I am personally not familiar with those reports and as a private entity, I cannot provide comment on how their reports differ from ours.

A casual glace at the attached image is all anyone needs to be familiar with this type of report.

and

I'm not asking to know how BH transparency reports differ from anyone else's.

but

All ISPs get Gov requests for user data.
When will BrightHouse will begin posting how many Gov requests they get for user data?

I understand you may not know that info now.
Would you please pass on my request to know - to someone who could find out?

Thanks.
ziptaco
join:2014-01-25

1 recommendation

ziptaco to Noah Vail

to Noah Vail
I wouldn't call them vital and irreplaceable. There are a useful in many ways. But, definitely not vital an irreplaceable. There is a lot more to hacking than Angelina Jolie in a 1990's movie. And a lot of science fiction has been spread out in this thread for some odd reason.

A lot of people have this weird concept of what they call hacking and normally goes like this:

1. Google Hacking
2. Download Backtrack or Kali
3. Dark wallpaper and windows fit the purpose
4. Run some odd program that does something without understanding the concept.
5. Get odd output from the program and somehow believe I hacked something.
6. Call myself a hacker.

Things normally do not work that way. You might use a virtual to test some vulnerability at the software level (sometimes). But a lot of hacking involves hardware vulnerability which can often not be replicated in a virtual environment. There are so many things that cannot be replicated in a virtual environment. There is so much more that I really do not want to write about. But a lot of what has being said in this thread , sadly happens to be science fiction and not science.

Now on a different note I am not quite positive that xXDigitalXx knows that the so called Verizon Transparecy Report was actually release by Verizon itself and not leaked by an employee.

I think we are missing the point the OP is trying to make about the consumers wanting more transparency from their service providers. Consumers who value their privacy may want to see such reports which in my opinion all the report does is provide a false feeling of value to our privacy. At the end the reports provides nothing but numbers that prove nothing more than requests made by the government which the ISP is legally obligated to respond to. Nothing more, nothing less.
trollscience
join:2013-12-14
Carrington, ND

trollscience to Noah Vail

to Noah Vail
Black hat hackers are the dangerous ones to look for. I did hacked New Rockford schools server nine years ago and I warned their server had a major security hole. I exploited that security hole anyway. It renamed most of folders own by hacker group # and caused me to lose my computer privileges for rest of that school year over grey hat hacking. FBI was investigating the hacked school server.
LSmith
join:2014-01-28
Carmel, IN

LSmith to xXDigitalXx

to xXDigitalXx
"Ain't no need for privacy if you ain't got nuthin' ta hide"
Archie Bunker
The answer to his question is ridiculous.