happy4ya
Premium Member
join:2004-10-31
West Babylon, NY

happy4ya

Premium Member

[WIN7] Problem Installing UPS Worldship

Click for full size
I downloaded the newest version of Worldship today to install on my office PC (clean install for the first time). I ran the EXE which first extracts the files to my hard drive and that went fine. As soon as that was finished and the main setup.exe file ran from the extracted files, I get the above message and I can't go any further. Tried "Run as Administrator" and same thing. I tried it on my home PC and it went through fine so it doesn't seem to be anything with the downloaded file.

The PC is a self-built machine. I5-3570K, 8GB DDR3, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Win 7 Pro. It is only about 6 months old and a clean install of Windows, Office and a few other programs and never any other issues installing anything. I will be calling UPS but not expecting much as I found someone on another site that posted the same issue 4 weeks ago and said UPS told them it was a Microsoft issue, not theirs.

From some info I found on another site, I went into regedit and went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

They said this key is used to have the program run at startup if it adds a string value with a path to the program's .exe file. Unless I'm missing something, it looks like all the permissions are set ok and I should have access to the key. Besides, there are a bunch of other programs with sub-keys there and they all installed with no problems. If anyone has any ideas any help would be greatly appreciated.
rfnut
Premium Member
join:2002-04-27
Fisher, IL

rfnut

Premium Member

Make sure you are running the install as an admin?
happy4ya
Premium Member
West Babylon, NY

happy4ya

Premium Member

said by rfnut:

Make sure you are running the install as an admin?

That was the first thing I tried.
duffman45200
join:2010-09-20

duffman45200 to happy4ya

to happy4ya
Disable UAC, restart, run install as admin
happy4ya
Premium Member
West Babylon, NY

happy4ya

Premium Member