Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to newview

Premium Member

to newview

Re: Modus Operandi

common belief, is not knowledge.
Comcast has been quite clear that they intend to follow the agreement they made as part of the NBC merger, which bars the discrimination a NETFLIX employee CLAIMS.
They also publish their peering and handoff requirements which Netflix has choosen not to meet, but other sources seem to have no problem with.
Reed Hastings frequently plays the "they're picking on me!" card, hoping to get a price advantage that others don't, NF users (and I am currently one) have to face the fact that another price increase is coming and hope Reed doesn't fumble it again.

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium Member
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD

3 recommendations

newview

Premium Member

Comcast has already settled a lawsuit with the FCC for $800,000 for failure to follow certain conditions of the NBC merger agreement. They were less than diligent to "visibly offer and actively market" standalone broadband internet access. I suspect (though of course cannot prove) that Comcast is also dragging it's feet complying, or actively avoiding, other aspects of the agreement, especially those that benefit Comcast and cannot be proven unless you have inside knowledge.

As far as pricing polices goes, in my area, Comcast offers 10 ... yes that's 10 channels for $14.75. This laughable offer doesn't even meet their own criteria for the $15.00 discount. There is just no comparison between this offer and the $7.99 a month Netflix, even when they increase the price. Hell, even if they doubled the price it would be a better value than Comcast.

Netflix wants to introduce three pricing tiers for new members
»gigaom.com/2014/01/22/ne ··· -months/

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

said by newview:

As far as pricing polices goes, in my area, Comcast offers 10 ... yes that's 10 channels for $14.75. This laughable offer doesn't even meet their own criteria for the $15.00 discount.

Even though I'm unsure what it has to do with net neutrality, can you point to the terms of this deal?
We have limited basic here at around $17 as per the franchise agreement but that's CATV not HSI, and wasn't because of the merger.