EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
canada

EUS to Deschain

Premium Member

to Deschain

Re: Witcher 3 - New details to blow your mind.

I'm an ass, this sounds like a console port. I'm sick to death of console ports. A console port for the witcher pisses me off to no end.

Maybe these guys could make a pc game first, then port it to consoles.

Raible
join:2008-01-23
Plainfield, IN

Raible

said by EUS:

I'm sick to death of console ports.

I actually agree with this 100%. Alas, I have found a solution though. I went and got me a PS4 last week. So, I shall not preorder or be the first to buy and I will wait a couple weeks to see if it's best bought for PC or PS4....or if it was all super hype and turns out shitty.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
canada

EUS

Premium Member

Looking for a ps4 for my kid (and me), couldn't find one in time for our b-days.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to EUS

Premium Member

to EUS
said by EUS:

I'm an ass, this sounds like a console port. I'm sick to death of console ports. A console port for the witcher pisses me off to no end.

What the fuck. Witcher 2 was made for PCs and ported to consoles like... 12-18 months after it was out for PC.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to EUS

Premium Member

to EUS
said by EUS:

I'm just curious. What exactly sounds like this will be a console port to you after reading that interview?

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
canada

EUS

Premium Member

I get the feeling from things like this:

"Good to know. On PC, will my older save games grant me some sort of bonus content or will my previous choices affect the game world in any way?

I cannot confirm this yet, but we're definitely looking at it on the PC side. We don't want to disappoint our PC fan base as we know mechanics like this are very important to them."

and

"We're definitely working on the immersion curve, balancing the game to make sure people get well-introduced to the game world and its mechanics without any controller-breaking scenarios."

and

"How was development on next-gen consoles for you? How much of your vision did you have to sacrifice to gain stable frame rates on the PS4 and Xbox one?

It is extremely manageable. There is a lot of power in these machines, and I don't want to say we're using them to their capacity, but we're fairly close to doing so. We made a decision to go next-gen roughly two and a half years ago, so we've spent a lot of time with these machines, and it's been a great experience across all three platforms."

Look, I may be wrong, but usually games are ported to pcs after consoles, I know the history of TW is different, but the article reads as though the console development is further along than the pc development, or the focus is at this point on consoles.

Also, anyone who has played the batman series knows that the fighting is built for console controllers, those on a KB+M have (at the very least) difficulty performing combos, and although not stated, any developer going for that type of battle probably has controllers in mind, not KB+M.
I hope I'm reading too much into this, and I hope to be proven wrong as I love TW1, and like TW2.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
It really wasn't Kris.

That is what they said, but it turned out to be false. TW2 was definitely developed for consoles first and PC later. Actually, it was all at the same time according to CDprojekt, but the awful menus and UI we were served in TW2 was a direct result of developing for consoles as a primary (as in most lucrative) market.

CDProjekt sucks up to the PC crowd because WE MADE THEM WHAT THEY ARE TODAY. I must have bought 20 copies of this game when The Witcher was an unknown franchise, donating them to friends so they get to know this amazing story. In fact, The Witcher is one of the last games I ever bought in physical form. Mass Effect 1 and The Orange Box were purchased at the same time, I still remember it.