Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy to Happydude32

Premium Member

to Happydude32

Re: Good for non-smartphones

$20 for the data plus $30 basic phone access = $50 which is the average bill for a basic phone. Sure beats $150 for unlimited voice minutes.

Too bad Verizon doesn't have a no data plan for people who don't use data.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32

Premium Member

You clearly missed the point. Point is Verizon didn't invent unlimited voice. It's not just Verizon where 'you don't have to worry about minutes anymore' and the concept of unlimited voice is well over a decade old. How much did unlimited voice minutes with Verizon or whatever they called themselves back then?

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Verizon doesn't offer non-data postpaid voice plans anymore is my point.

I don't mind as I have a smartphone and a couple of data only devices and mom and grandma are only added to my plan for $30 a pop since they have basic phones.
Crookshanks
join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY

Crookshanks

said by IowaCowboy:

Verizon doesn't offer non-data postpaid voice plans anymore is my point.

Yes they do. The old plans are still available, just unadvertised. Throw a big enough hissy fit and they'll put you on them, even as a completely new customer. They aren't truly unlimited voice calling (well, they can be, but it costs more) but with nights & weekends + mobile to mobile they might as well be.

rape
@comcast.net

rape to IowaCowboy

Anon

to IowaCowboy
you do realize they have unlimited talk and text no data tmobile prepaid for 35 dollars which would save you $15 dollars. people like you are the reason Verizon is continually raping others. jump off Verizon and help the rest of us out.

»prepaid-phones.t-mobile. ··· id-plans