spc
Search similar:

uniqs

qwerty123
@comcast.net

qwerty123

Anon

Slow Download on Dropbox 1GB to 3GB Files

I was wondering if anyone else out there who has FiOS has experienced slow downloads with Dropbox on FiOS? I have the 50/25 tier, using an ethernet connection from the Actiontec shows I am receiving roughly 60/35. When I try to download 1GB to 3GB size files from Dropbox, it is taking 1 and a half to sometimes 3 hours to download. Those same file sizes used to take around 30 minutes or less a month or so ago on FiOS. I had a neighbor bring his laptop over, used ethernet into the Actiontec, and he also saw the extremely long download times. He's a Comcast customer with the 50/10 tier, he's receiving roughly 60/11 with speed tests. Within minutes we attempted the same downloads on Dropbox at his house using Comcast and an ethernet connection from his router. The 2GB file downloaded in less than 20 minutes.
I had other Verizon users in my lower Bucks PA area attempt to download the same files I was trying a little later, and they are seeing the same very long download times, where people on Comcast are seeing the files download in a matter of minutes.
Has anyone else experienced a slow download on FiOS with Dropbox as I am seeing? I know I'm not the only one since other people are seeing the same issues that I'm seeing. All testing was performed on ethernet so that there were less variables changing around.
Thanks!
thetick
join:2009-06-22
White Plains, NY

thetick

Run a trace route and compare to the trace route with the Comcast connection. Most likely there is a slow router/server in your path to DropBox.

You can try changing your DNS server and see if get a different path to Dropbox.

qwerty123
@comcast.net

qwerty123

Anon

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried changing the DNS server IPs to the two Google has and that didn't work. I also compared a Comcast and FiOS trace route, and they were both pretty close. It's weird how this is happening. Thanks again for the suggestions.
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

patt2k to qwerty123

to qwerty123
use IDM Internet Download Manager it will boost your speeds on http/ftp downloads