NIKON D70
40mm 1/400th F10

Original
Click for full size
NIKON D70
40mm 1/400th F10

Variation
Hi,
A thread called »Originals might be summed up by a statement by tmpchaos, to the effect that " Not using post processing limits you to what the film or sensor sees- not what you see.
The recorded image, be it film or digital, is only an interim step towards producing the final work."

In looking over some images I've posted I decided to try to make them a little less "photographic", and a little more like a human hand was involved. What you're looking at are two images and a kind of editing that might make them at least equally appealing. It didn't take much post-processing to get to this point, and I'm sure that I might make them a bit more "random" and less photographic without too much more effort.

If you have any comments I'd like to hear them.

SueS
Premium Member
join:2007-05-16
Macon, MO

2 recommendations

SueS

Premium Member

We do stuff like this in the Artify thread all the time, this is nothing new.

I think the photographer needs to decide if s/he wants their photos to look like a photograph or digital art, it is their choice. Neither is wrong. I like to play in the artify thread, but I prefer my photos to look like a photograph.

Something else to think about is the fact that digital art is something anyone can learn how to do, but not everyone can draw or paint, so it is software work and perhaps a vision, but not a human hand like a drawing or painting.

orion940
Attractive like a magnet
Premium Member
join:2001-12-23
Windsor, CT

orion940 to 29886823

Premium Member

to 29886823
..in the eye of the beholder..

I thought the first original with the cart was better than the modification. The contrast of the blue cart and red brick, the shovel kinda hanging out, the concrete/stone pillars.. all go together to make a great pic.

O.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

3 recommendations

jaykaykay to 29886823

MVM

to 29886823
I've mentioned to you before that there are threads that do the kind of thing that you did and seem to be enjoying more and more, are existent here, one of which Sue mentioned, »Artify #476. Another one is Creative Expressions, »Creative Editions #376. Join the people in either or both of those links, and you can fully delight, as can others, at what can be done. Plus, you can learn at the same time more and more of what can be done and what you can control in your editing software.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

3 recommendations

darcilicious to SueS

Premium Member

to SueS
said by SueS:

but not everyone can draw or paint

This statement is false. Everyone CAN draw or paint. You or the artist might not like the outcome, or call it art, or whatever, but everyone can do it.

SueS
Premium Member
join:2007-05-16
Macon, MO

SueS

Premium Member

Thank you, yes you are correct, my comment was not politically correct. Some folks have a talent for drawing or painting exquisite works.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

3 recommendations

darcilicious

Premium Member

...and not everyone has a talent for creating exquisite original digital art either.

climbers
Premium Member
join:2001-03-06

climbers to 29886823

Premium Member

to 29886823
I'm very curious about what you used to create these excellent images.
Expand your moderator at work