Premium Member
join:2003-09-08
Cobourg, ON

1 edit

cavan

Premium Member

[INTERNET] Ultimate 60 Business

Click for full size
As I mentioned in another post, I've just moved from residential Ultimate 30 to business Ultimate 60 (60/10). Unfortunately, so far this appears to be a major step backward. Previously I was consistently hitting 30.x/5.x. Since the "upgrade", I've gotten 58.88/3.87 once. Since then i'm getting little more than single digit download rates. I do have a service call scheduled for Saturday but I'm concerned, so far I've tripled my cost for a third (or less) of the speed.
cavan

cavan

Premium Member

It's now 12:30AM and I've run additional tests. I'm hitting 58 - 59 Mbits down but uploads remain in the 2.5 - 3.5 Mbit range. The fact that my speed seems to have gone up after midnight into the range where it should be suggests there is a congestion issue in the evening. How does one go about getting Cogeco's attention to correct this? Why uploads are slow remains a mystery.

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium Member
join:2011-07-11

Cogeco_Aaron to cavan

Premium Member

to cavan
You can PM me your MAC address and I can take a look at the download speeds, but Cobourg currently doesn't qualify for the increased upload speeds that we launched, so the uploads you are receiving are expected.
cavan
Premium Member
join:2003-09-08
Cobourg, ON

cavan

Premium Member

In the interest of keeping this current, here's the last test before I left the office this morning:

and the first when I got back this afternoon:

Clearly there is a problem here.
cavan

cavan

Premium Member

I'll stop after this one, I think the point has been made:

cavan

2 edits

cavan to Cogeco_Aaron

Premium Member

to Cogeco_Aaron
said by Cogeco_Aaron:

Cobourg currently doesn't qualify for the increased upload speeds that we launched, so the uploads you are receiving are expected.

Thanks, Cogeco_Aaron, for looking into this. It was quite a surprise to learn that the upstream speed hasn't been increased in Cobourg being that I was sold on the basis of getting 10 up and my account is provisioned for 10 up (confirmed with both sales and support). At the same time, I've confirmed from another support rep that 10up isn't available here. It's also very odd that the upload speeds here have DROPPED by ~30% since December. It would have been helpful to have this information before we let our Scarborough premises go. We now find ourselves without an office with the bandwidth necessary to support our operation. Who knew that 3 months of due diligence would not be enough? I asked the right questions but apparently was lied to.

How do other businesses deal with not being able to get truthful answers to direct questions?

Is there any way of finding out, with any degree of certainty, when Cogeco plans on upgrading Cobourg?