Radio_Guy
Field Engineer
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Clive, IA

Radio_Guy

Premium Member

Mediacom Pricing availability

Just curious if anyone can help me answer the riddle of Mediacom pricing.

It's clear that Mediacom is keeping it's pricing structure proprietary for whatever reason. I plan to dig into that much further in the near future, but for now I have one question.

According to Mediacom's FCC disclosure here: »mediacomcable.com/site/l ··· ext.html

They state "The current pricing and other terms and conditions of these tiers (including information regarding fees for early termination or additional network services) can be found at Mediacomcable.com or Mediacomtoday.com or obtained by calling our customer service center at 1-855-633-4226."

Okay, so where EXACTLY is the current pricing on mediacom's website? If it's not there then they lied to the FCC. (Is that a federal crime?)

Although you can always call customer service and get the "we will tell you only what we think you need to know" routine, I would like to see everything in writing *unfiltered and unedited* on my PC screen (or tablet, smart phone, whatever.)

Mediacom - if you think your pricing structure is competitive, then don't be afraid to show it!
rfnut
Premium Member
join:2002-04-27
Fisher, IL

rfnut

Premium Member

Click for full size
I do not work for mediacom. I found pricing easily.
Go to Mediacomcable.com.
Click on order
enter address
select current customer OR new subscriber.
Next page is pricing.
On the lower left corner of each package is a terms and conditions for that package.
The terms and conditions for existing subscribers with a "promotional Agreement" is different and states that pricing can be found on your bill or included with the the install package.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas

Premium Member

said by rfnut:

I do not work for mediacom. I found pricing easily.
Go to Mediacomcable.com.
Click on order
enter address
select current customer OR new subscriber.
Next page is pricing.
On the lower left corner of each package is a terms and conditions for that package.

know what i get when i do that?

i can "not" get current pricing of any tv package, if i try all i get is internet pricing, ive mentioned this to chad in the passed, then i get the "give me your info...."

and from what i can tell your screen shot is showing promo pricing, not off promo pricing. you cant get off promo pricing unless you call, then each time you call your liable to get different quotes.

edit: why on earth is my post sticking to the width of the image? weird.
rfnut
Premium Member
Fisher, IL

rfnut

Premium Member

That is the current pricing (for internet as you said). My screeny is the current pricing for a TV bundle package. Existing subscribers are covered under a seperate terms and conditions which state your pricing is provided in your monthly bill and/or paperwork/aggreement obtained at install.

Radio_Guy
Field Engineer
Premium Member
Clive, IA

Radio_Guy

Premium Member

I was hoping to find actual - NOT promotional pricing.
rfnut
Premium Member
Fisher, IL

rfnut

Premium Member

I think there is a logic issue here. There is no such thing as "actual". The price listed is the price. It will change at MC's will so if you look again tomorrow it may be different. It will still be the "actual" price. Now i reckon the argument that a promotional price can not be the actual can legally be made, but it is still the same as "on sale NOW for only ....." but price as it is never changes.

Alternately, if the real question what is MY price, then MC would have to post historical prices for all changes for all time. Imagine walking into walmart and the price tag had a todays price and also listed every price listed over the last 10 years. Be a awful long tag.

Radio_Guy
Field Engineer
Premium Member
Clive, IA

Radio_Guy

Premium Member

It's fair to say that the definition of "actual" could be open to interpretation.

Let me re-define what I am looking for. I am seeking the pricing structure of all services (for my area) after any promotional pricing has expired.

More specifically I am looking for these rates online - which will never happen if Mediacom has their way.

[edit] For example, the prices in the screen captures you posted are for the first year only. Can you find the price it will rise too? That is my challenge for you! [/edit]
rfnut
Premium Member
Fisher, IL

rfnut

Premium Member

Believe it or not I am not trying to troll. What you seek can not be be found. Everyone is, has been and always will be on a promotional schedule AND each promotional schedule has a different fall back price upon expiration. A matrix of costs could be made i suppose. IE: if your promo was X, your expired cost will be Y, but with each change of X, Y changes as well so it would be crazy. Personally I would love to see a baseline price for Y as well but it only exists as a function of X.
The current "actual" pricing varies for each sub based on the original contract (promo), therefore a sub has to logon to their own account to see what Y is, and it may be different for every sub in a market. ( historically it was limited to 31 pricing plans due to technical issues, but I assume that limit has come a long way since then).
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned) to Radio_Guy

to Radio_Guy
Perhaps someone from the Des Moines market can scan in the hard copy price sheet that Mediacom sends out annually. That hard copy price sheet contains the non-promo prices for all Mediacom services.
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER to rfnut

to rfnut
this is what he is talking about a price schedule

»www.ci.commerce.ca.us/Do ··· View/148

that is what mediacom needs to do. Its the real prices for the services without the BS promos and smoke and mirrors game.

Thats the main reason I dont have tv service with mediacom. Besides there service in Fisher sucks. Granted there is on demand now. There wasn't when we moved to Fisher.

I will gladly pay mediacom to be a dumb pipe for me.

Radio_Guy
Field Engineer
Premium Member
Clive, IA

Radio_Guy

Premium Member

I typed in all off that good stuff by hand last year so that others could copy/paste portions if they desired. It can be found here »Mediacom Pricing - Des Moines and surrounding areas

it is out of date by now, and you can't go back and maintain older posts here. In a few months they will send me a new one and I will post all of the prices again. HOWEVER, I would like to just click on a mediacom link and call it done.
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned)

My suggestion is that when you post the new standard rates ask a moderator to sticky it and people from other markets can add to it. Just give it a general title of standard pricing.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas to rfnut

Premium Member

to rfnut
said by rfnut:

That is the current pricing (for internet as you said). My screeny is the current pricing for a TV bundle package.

if this is to me, then no offense but i know its "internet" thats what i get weather i click phone, tv, or obviously internet, its physically impossible for "me" at least to get ANY other prices for any service online.

as for that "in your bill" thing, thats the problem, you cant get that until you all ready have service, and its not every month they send that thing. one should be able to go online, put in your zip, and get the prices of single services, and no it wouldnt be to darn difficult for them to do it.

it has nothing to do with historical pricing. using your walmart example it would be more akin to "buy this 20oz for $1.99, or promo buy 2 for $2.50!"

if they can do it for the bill, they can do it for the site, they all ready need the service address to check promos, its not a huge leap to then show the none promo price. they can use the b.s. argument that "prices change so often we cant tell you what it will be" but thats a b.s. argument for 2 reasons, 1. by using it they admit that they raise prices so darn often they cant tell you how high it will be in 12 months. and 2. they could easily say "current none promo price as of MM/DD/YYYY"

Lazy Senior
join:2012-01-10
Cobden, IL

1 recommendation

Lazy Senior to Radio_Guy

to Radio_Guy
said by Radio_Guy:

Just curious if anyone can help me answer the riddle of Mediacom pricing.

It is not a riddle. It is a refusal by Mediacom to give any existing prices except by telephone. I have tried for weeks to get existing prices in WRITING via email or snail mail. My efforts are futile. Mediacom will absolutely NOT give existing prices except by telephone. You can get Promo prices online but when you get on the phone Mediacom will tell you that you are not eligible for those prices. With other TV services like Dish or Directv you can get existing prices online.

Prospective customers please read my saga here: »Review of Mediacom by Lazy Senior
Lazy Senior

1 recommendation

Lazy Senior to Radio_Guy

to Radio_Guy
said by Radio_Guy:

According to Mediacom's FCC disclosure here:

"The current pricing and other terms and conditions of these tiers (including information regarding fees for early termination or additional network services) can be found at Mediacomcable.com or Mediacomtoday.com"

This is a LIE. NO WHERE on a Mediacom internet site is CURRENT NON-PROMO existing pricing available.

Ask Mediacom Chad for existing prices and you will get this BS canned response:"please feel free to send me an IM with your account or phone number
urbhusker
join:2005-10-19
Urbandale, IA

1 recommendation

urbhusker

Weird that no one from Mediacom has responded yet. I'm sure they're busy in bunkers changing the combination to the safe holding the pricing. Wish Urbandale would have the balls to set up a local muni service. Or, at the very least, tell M-Com "we're going to look at our options".
k9iua6
join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA

k9iua6

I'm sure Mediacom's strategy (as it is with other companies) always is to suck users in with low promotional prices and then hope they are too lazy or complacent when the promotional period ends to seek another provider. Those that aren't lazy and complain or churn are always going to be fewer in number than those who do nothing and suck it up with higher prices.

Lazy Senior
Cobden, IL

1 edit

Lazy Senior

said by k9iua6:

I'm sure Mediacom's strategy (as it is with other companies) always is to suck users in with low promotional prices

"Other Companies" like Dish, Directv, DSL and my local Internet Wireless system ALL provide non-promo prices on the Net. Mediacom is the only company that provides TV/internet service in my area that does NOT provide existing prices. Why? Because their prices are not competitive. I got the Mediacom TV prices from a CSR on the phone last week. I assure you Mediacom is not competing in price with Dish/Directv. In addition Mediacom has ancient technology with far fewer channels. I asked the Mediacom CSR to send these prices in Writing via email or snail mail to me. I have little expectation of getting them. Also I have got an snail mail internet bill every month for the last 2 years from Mediacom. I have NEVER gotten any existing price list, I only get the BS promos.
Lazy Senior

Lazy Senior to urbhusker

to urbhusker
said by urbhusker:

Weird that no one from Mediacom has responded yet.

It is not weird. It is difficult to refute the truth.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to Radio_Guy

Premium Member

to Radio_Guy
Rate sheets can be obtained at your local office or I can have one mailed to your service address. If anyone would like, shoot me a quick IM- with your account info, if I do not already have it- and I'll see that this is mailed out to you!

Lazy Senior
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior

I already talked to a Mediacom CSR on the telephone. He had my account info, home address info and phone #. I asked for the rates to be emailed to me, He said sure and I gave him my email address. Still W A I T I N G...

Please Tell Me/Us why I have to jump thru hoops and grovel for written existing rates? You have my email address and zip code in a post I made in my review of Mediacom. Send me the rates..
»Review of Mediacom by Lazy Senior

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Hello Lazy Senior,

I am unable to send these via email. I'll have a copy mailed out to your service address. You should receive the requested rates within 4-6 business days. Let me know if you need anything else.

Lazy Senior
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior

Imagine that. An internet Company Rep says he can not use email and has to use U$P$ snail mail instead. Amazing........