All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to nonymous

to nonymous

Re: wonder if partially in prep for tmobile

My brother works at a company and the always know when the company is getting ready to buy or merge with another one. He said when the slack ass employees start to disappear they are trimming the fat to prepare for an influx of new faces. He said it seems like they put some time into figuring who was worth keeping and who was not and that they didn't seem to just look at the cost of the employee.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx

Sounds about right. And in Sprint's case there are a fair number of front-line employees that should probably go. Particularly when non-corporate retailers seem to be better at their jobs.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

These employees could also be the Clear brand employees up in Washington. Why need the American workers when Sprint sources most of their staff to other call center companies in other countries.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx

The last several times I've called Sprint I've gotten someone in the US or maybe Canada...
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

Very rare still. I've called and reached a call center in Mexico that sounded like it was in a warehouse with no noise barriers. You could hear everyone and everything.
AmericanMan
Premium Member
join:2013-12-28
united state

AmericanMan to iansltx

Premium Member

to iansltx
Same here. I might have gotten someone with an accent once, if even that. Most of the time when I call Sprint it's always someone without an accent.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

KrK to battleop

Premium Member

to battleop
That's completely different from the normal procedure, which is where they lay off good workers and keep most everyone else.

battleop

battleop

I don't understand the reasoning of randomly laying off people. If you pay a crappy worker the same exact thing as a good worker then why would you keep the crappy worker?

tc1uscg
join:2005-03-09
Gulfport, MS

tc1uscg to battleop

to battleop
Not ture. When they want to "save money" it has NOTHING to do with good performers or bad. They can those who COST them the most money, i.e., senior techs vs low pad. They did try to mask it by letting go 1 jr guy (less then a year on the job) but the meat of the layoffs were senior techs making 45k+ a year. Those who were in the upper 30's low 40's seem to stay. Even the slackers as you seem to call them.

KrK
Premium Member
Tulsa, OK

KrK to battleop

Premium Member

to battleop
Because the better workers have more seniority and benefits. So get rid of them and keep the cheap new hires.

battleop

battleop

"If you pay a crappy worker the same exact thing"

Reading the entire comment is not an option?

OldCableGuy2
@communications.net

1 recommendation

OldCableGuy2

Anon

The entire comment was wrong. Crappy workers are paid no where near what good employees are. You could hire 3 new hires off the salary of one senior tech most places.

KrK
Premium Member
Tulsa, OK

KrK to battleop

Premium Member

to battleop
Then your whole argument is based on a false premise because that's not what happens. Can't have it both ways. IF THEN scenarios that aren't realistic do not help.

battleop

battleop

There are plenty of places where the low on the totem pole job pays the same if you have been there 1 year or 10 years.