spc
Search similar:

uniqs
major82
join:2009-04-10
Milwaukee, WI

major82

How to Remove match.com on my PC with Microsoft Internet Explorer

I'm sorry to bother you, however, I need help to get rid of match.com on my PC with Microsoft IE. My OS is Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. Thank you.

Wily_One
Premium Member
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA

Wily_One

Premium Member

Just ask your wife for help.

But seriously, not sure what you're asking. Are you talking about browser history or does it "install" something?

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94 to major82

Premium Member

to major82
Yes, please explain, does it install some sort of software or are you trying to clear your browser tracks? Or do you not understand, hence the oblique question?

norwegian
Premium Member
join:2005-02-15
Outback

norwegian to major82

Premium Member

to major82

Crap Cleaner - CCLeaner?
I'm gathering you want to clear history of IE so someone else isn't seeing your history?

Just setup another user for them, so they do not have access to your account?
joewho
Premium Member
join:2004-08-20
Dundee, IL

joewho to major82

Premium Member

to major82
open msn homepage. let it load and click the cursor in the bing search bar. A window will open and at the bottom is a link to manage history. Click on it, delete history and you can also turn off the history feature.
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave

Premium Member

Tools->Delete Browsing History in IE seems to be more direct.
joewho
Premium Member
join:2004-08-20
Dundee, IL

joewho

Premium Member

I stand corrected. I use chrome but msn is homepage.

DownTheShore
Pray for Ukraine
Premium Member
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ

DownTheShore to major82

Premium Member

to major82
Delete the internet cache, too.

Tools > Internet Options > General

On that tab find "Browsing History" > "Delete..." > then check the things you want deleted and/or saved. Be careful.

You are probably going to have to go into your Cookies file and delete any cookies that belong to Match.com to really hide your tracks. If you use the broad delete cookies in the above-mentioned tab, you'll delete all cookies which you probably don't want. So you'll have to find out where cookies are located in your particular OS, make sure that you are allowing hidden files to be shown (remember to turn that off when you're done to prevent inadvertent deletions) and go search out your unwanted cookies and delete them.

I seem to remember the program CCleaner having a cookie clean-up section, which would make things easier, but I haven't used that program in years, so perhaps someone else could address that.

Make sure that anything deleted is also cleared out of your Recycle Bin.

Wily_One
Premium Member
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA

3 recommendations

Wily_One to major82

Premium Member

to major82

Expand your moderator at work
major82
join:2009-04-10
Milwaukee, WI

1 recommendation

major82 to DownTheShore

to DownTheShore

Re: How to Remove match.com on my PC with Microsoft Internet Explorer

Thank you for your suggestion. I used CCleaner - Internet Explorer - Cookies and IE Cookies were deleted. I am sending you my sincere appreciation for you valued advise!