how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

blimey

join:2006-03-09
Tempe, AZ

[AZ] Flex Watch Channel List?

So, I'm considering cancelling Directv and CenturyLink 7Mbps DSL and getting instead Cox Flex Watch which has 25Mbps internet and 10 TV channels including HBO and Starz for a total 12-month-guaranteed price @59.99 month.

There is no complete channel list on the cox website of the precise 10 channels on the Flex Watch plan specifically. Does anyone have Flex Watch in AZ and is able to tell me exactly which TV channels are included? Are they all HD? Is HD equipment included in the price?

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

The Cox Flex Watch is composed of whatever Cox decides to provide from the TV Starter channel lineup. From reading the plan details it seems you only get whatever can be gotten without an HD box, but an HD box is included in the bundle. There are 50 channels in the Starter channel lineup. I used the Cox chat support and the agent said all 50 starter channels, including the HD ones, are viewable with the HD box at no extra charge.

m8trix

join:2003-12-24
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

1 edit
reply to blimey

flex watch gives you access to starter channels and music choice channels and ondemand, if you don't care about ondemand for about the same price you can get the tv economy and still get the starter channels plus various expanded channels

»ww2.cox.com/residential/tv/chann···neup.cox

blimey

join:2006-03-09
Tempe, AZ
reply to blimey

thanks m8trix. Are you speaking from the practical experience of actually having Flex Watch service in the Phoenix area, or just from the website information? Because I've found lots of conflicting information on the website about Flex Watch. Including in different channels lists and the terms.

If anyone has on-the-ground real life experience with Flex Watch, about what you actually get in real world experience as experienced by you, please share.

m8trix

join:2003-12-24
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

2 edits

1 recommendation

reply to blimey

my parents have flex tv with a hd box, not sure if its included in price. also the following link fine print tells you what you get

»ww2.cox.com/residential/special-···z_vanity

TV Flex Watch consists of Cox TV Starter with Advanced TV features like On DEMAND, interactive on-screen guide, and Music Choice channels. Equipment rental for primary outlet included; additional equipment rental is extra

fuzzyfuk

join:2001-09-23
Tempe, AZ
reply to blimey

Has anyone order this service? Does it require a cable box or can I stream everything online through cox, hbo, etc websites?

unfeo

@cox.net

I just got this yesterday. You need an HD box to watch the channels but you can use your cox login for ABC.com and such. I also can use the HBOgo app and the Starz app to stream to my computer or iPad.

My HD receiver did not work and reeks of urine so I will be returning it. So I am still not clear on what channels I can access on the receiver.

Hard Harry

join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

My guess is the HD receiver will have its decryption disabled and only be functioning as a HD tuner for those people who don't have DTV with QAM tuners. Direct confirmation would be good though.

Anyone know if WatchESPN works with the package?

unfeo

@cox.net

1 recommendation

ESPN does not work with a flexwatch login. I get the error "You are not authorized to play this content. I can login with my moms account because she gets every channel at her house.