spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Snowweary
@bhn.net

Snowweary

Anon

[TV] A few questions about the On-Demand services

I have a few questions about how the on-demand services work. If this stuff is answered elsewhere please direct me and I will do the reading etc.

- Who updates the Primetime and Entertainment on Demand content? Is that done by BHN doing downloads or the content provides “pushing” their stuff to you?
- Does anybody check regularly to ensure that updates happen in a timely manner?
- Why do shows like Blacklist appear to be On-demand for at least part of the season and then suddenly stop getting any new episodes?
- Is there anyway or place to learn about what is and isn’t supported for a given station/broadcaster etc.? For instance NCIS and NCIS LA are both available but Criminal minds is not.
- Any place to get a clue about which shows will be all episodes available on-demand for the season versus only 2-3 of the most recent?
- I realize that content providers and contracts create situations where some shows are on-demand but not until a few days after the original air date. Is there any place to figure out what those “few days” are for given shows?

Time shifting my viewing is what works for me for a number of reasons. The On-demand stuff is great when it is there but it seems so uneven and hit/miss that I have to record everything that I might want to watch to be sure that I don’t miss shows. Creating a dependable repeatable service offering (speaking of content here) would seem to be a good thing to do and sharing the “rules” for different shows and the changes as they occur would be very helpful. Maybe a web page or two that keeps up with the above type of information as well as the monthly Legal notices would be helpful.

Thanks!
tim tim tim
join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL

tim tim tim

Updates are pushed from content providers to the cable companies. If they pushed it, BHN will have it.

as far as I know, there is no where to go to find out whats is coming or when it is coming
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Snowweary

Premium Member

to Snowweary
Before I answer the question where you are you located on our footprint?

Snowweary
@bhn.net

Snowweary

Anon

Indianapolis and I noticed last night that it appeared that many if not all on-demand Primetime and Entertainment slots got updates.

I appreciate the forums and find the topics very helpful/informative so thanks for the honest answers and quick attention to the questions that get posted here.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Okay I need to check into a couple of things and will get back to you. It will make sense later.

Snowweary
@bhn.net

Snowweary

Anon

Just wondered if any update. Appears the CBS updates pretty quickly/regularly but ABC and Fox are being to look a little long in the tooth again... Thanks for your help.