uniqs
share rss forum feed

chip89
Premium
join:2012-07-05
Independence, OH

USB Sleep & Charge

Click for full size
The USB sleep & Charge on my laptop which is a Hp model 2000-2b43x running windows 8.1 has stopped working all the sudden it is enabled.

bbear2
Premium
join:2003-10-06
kudos:5
Reviews:
·VOIPO
I'm guessing if that port was working once and it is no longer, with the exact same USB cable and device that you were charging before - then it's most likely an OS/configuration issue. Do you have auto updates on? Have you rebooted? etc.

I've found that some of my USB devices will not charge from the computer USB port or it is dependent up the cable ---I have no idea why some work and some don't, but once I find a combination that does, I stick with it.

chip89
Premium
Independence, OH
Yes same device my iPhone 4 same cable. Auto updates are on. Just Rebooted.

bbear2
Premium
Then I'd suggest you go through and check all your sleep and power, etc. settings. I know that after updates my custom power settings often get reset; and not to what I want them to be.

chip89
Premium
Independence, OH
Checked not changed at all.

bbear2
Premium
Reviews:
·VOIPO
Two other things I can think of. First is to check your BIOS settings and see if there is something there related to USB charging, if you're not sure or you never changed the BIOS settings then you can simply reset to default.

If that doesn't get you back up and going with this then I'd pull the battery and power it on to drain excess charge and like leave the battery out for 5 mins or so. Then try again.

Camelot One
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-21
Greenwood, IN
kudos:2
reply to chip89
I have no experience with the feature on HP, but my Acer S7 has one port that will charge devices while the system is off/sleeping. But you have to enable it through the Acer software, and I believe that software installs a service.
I've seen a lot of complaints about upgrading from 8 to 8.1 causing issues with some services not starting, or being changed from auto-start to manual. You might look there for a problem.

chip89
Premium
Independence, OH
It worked When I installed it. It works out of the Box when the laptop is sleeping.

chip89
Premium
Independence, OH
reply to chip89
Click for full size
It's worse then I fought this error just popped up.

chip89
Premium
Independence, OH
reply to bbear2
Click for full size
It looks like it is a PnP Error.

chip89
Premium
Independence, OH
reply to bbear2
Fixed For some reason It Driver was under the Wrong place using the windows updater with the file I already had fixed it!

bbear2
Premium
Glad to hear and thanks for reporting back.

chip89
Premium
Independence, OH
Thanks. You're welcome. The way it works is iTunes has to connect to it for sleep & charge to work.That's what I noticed first.