spc
Search similar:

uniqs
watts3000
join:2002-01-21

1 edit

watts3000

[Other] getting Charter to run fiber

Guys we have friends that live in the back part of our subdivision. Charter has no services in the back they can't even get DSL. So I would like to know how do you go about getting Charter to wire up an area that does not have services basically who do you need to talk to at the local office level? I would assume Charter would have no problem recouping there money because it has to be at least 50 homes that don't have any service at all. BTW a Charter tech told our friend that they were 300 feet away from the nearest tap. Also this is only a 300 foot run I don't see why Charter can't use some type of line extender.

DLow
join:2013-11-16
Waxahachie, TX

DLow

Contact charter business it will give your friends a better chance of getting it extended. I was in the same boat i was 924ft away from the closest tap, Charter made be get charter business in order for them to do the work they came out and did a survey said the over-all cost to do it is $6200 they would cover 5 Grand and they will bill me for $1200.

So basically i just made nearly 74 houses serviceable, Good luck with telling charter they would recoup the cost over 5K cause they will not budge ive tried and im a contractor for charter.

But keep in mind they will only do this if your node can handle the extra subscribers as well as the extra length of the run.

And as far as your tittle they wont run fiber, They would just run hard line just coaux, Only the actual node has a fiber trunk

mixdup
join:2003-06-28
Alpharetta, GA

mixdup

However if you go to those 50 houses, you could perhaps recoup those costs from people who want to sign up.

"Hey, Charter will extend it to the furthest house for $2000, why not chip in $100 with everyone else who is interested in signing up and let's do it"

One person will have to take the bill from Charter, but just get reimbursed up front from all the people who are interested.

DLow
join:2013-11-16
Waxahachie, TX

DLow to watts3000

to watts3000
Is your area underground? It may be cheaper for the build out if its arieal in my situation they have to bore under nearly 21 drive ways and a street Lol.
watts3000
join:2002-01-21

watts3000

We are underground

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
·Charter

nunya to watts3000

MVM

to watts3000
If there's really money to be made, they'll run it. If not, they won't. I would never, in a million years, pay a company so I could have the "pleasure" of buying a subscription service from them. Just out of principal it seems wrong. What happens is: one chump will foot the the bill and all the other deadbeat neighbors will glom on and get the service at standard price since the initial construction cost has been paid. Tommy-boy's wallet gets fatter at the chumps expense.
Then again, I've run thousands of feet of underground conduit for customers desperate for CATV. At least they paid me and not Charter.
markopoleo
join:2003-04-02
Bonne Terre, MO

markopoleo to watts3000

to watts3000
300 feet is no problem, they will even run a line on the ground temporary to address for them. I have a line just draped over trees to a tap a little over 2 poles down. Charter really does not care as long as they don't have to set poles or dig.
Chubbysumo
join:2009-12-01
Duluth, MN
Ubee E31U2V1
(Software) pfSense
Netgear WNR3500L

Chubbysumo to watts3000

to watts3000
300 feet is the max they will go from the closest tap to the side of the house in most areas, depending on their franchise agreements. Also, straight line 300 feet might come out close to a 500 foot run when they follow the path its supposed to follow.

defiant
Former Charter lackey
join:2013-03-22
Monroe, MI

defiant to watts3000

to watts3000
said by Chubbysumo:

...the path its supposed to follow.

Power company.
Expand your moderator at work