spc
uniqs
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned) to djbrettb0

to djbrettb0

Re: [IA] Standalone Internet? (50mbps or 105mbps)

The standard rates are probably this:
Ultra Internet: 50 Mbps download/5 Mbps upload/999 GB cap - $79.95
Ultra Plus Internet: 105 Mbps download/10 Mbps upload/999 GB cap - $99.95

A Des Moines market customer posted the rate sheet from Mediacom.
»Mediacom Pricing - Des Moines and surrounding areas

In my market I have no added fees or taxes for internet.
djbrettb0
join:2008-07-09
West Des Moines, IA

djbrettb0

Awesome... thank you for the info! Will be considering this.

Radio_Guy
Field Engineer
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Clive, IA

Radio_Guy to drslash

Premium Member

to drslash
Don't forget this little monthly fee:

Internet Surcharge (applies to customers subscribing only to Mediacom Always Faster Internet) - $15.00

Also, if you currently have television service and are having it removed, you need to keep in mind any contracts that may be in place and the fees associated with them for early termination.

either way, a one-time change of service fee of $5.00 would likely apply to you.

There will be franchise fees (and taxes on the fees as well), so the only one that can tell you exactly what your total bill will be is Mediacom.

Also, the rates I posted are about 8 months old. A lot has changed with Mediacom High-speed pricing and caps since then.

For the real answer, chat with MediacomChad. He may be able to PM you with specific prices.

TJFriday
join:2009-06-29
Des Moines, IA

TJFriday

said by Radio_Guy:

Internet Surcharge (applies to customers subscribing only to Mediacom Always Faster Internet) - $15.00

I am in the Des Moines market and do not have this surcharge on my "Ultra Plus Internet: 105 Mbps download/10 Mbps upload/999 GB cap - $99.95" internet service. The monthly bill is $99.95.

Radio_Guy
Field Engineer
Premium Member
Clive, IA

Radio_Guy

Premium Member

Like I said, a lot has changed

Here is a quote from MediacomDrew on the Mediacom forums about this surcharge:

"This is generally assess to all internet only accounts as a line and access charge that is usually already associated with cable services. The downgrade order is still pending, but this surcharge is often included in new internet-only service packages..."

Source: »mediacomcable.com/Custom ··· =17610.0
Buxley
join:2011-02-01
Mahomet, IL

Buxley

OK, now I'm confused. Does this mean that if we're a long time subscriber and have Internet and TV (but don't use the TV) and only do this because it's cheaper by about $5, we can drop the whole TV thing now and lower our bills?

Lazy Senior
join:2012-01-10
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior

said by Buxley:

OK, now I'm confused.

I am also confused. Really confused. My Internet only contract runs out next month. I am not presently being charged the BS $15 fee for not having TV Service. Am I going to be charged the $15 or NOT? Also am I eligible for a new faster speed Internet promo?

Since I am unable to find ANY Mediacom prices online, how much is 50mbps service and is it available in 62920?

Radio_Guy
Field Engineer
Premium Member
Clive, IA

Radio_Guy

Premium Member

I sent MediacomChad a message to look into this thread, but it doesn't look like he had time. I will try my best to explain.

When you take all of your cable TV equipment back to the local office and tell them you want internet only, they will:

Charge you a fee for changing your service (somewhere around $15 - $30).
Charge you $15 a month for not being in a bundle of some kind.

Lar
join:2002-06-17
Iowa

Lar to drslash

to drslash
Hey Drslash!!! I see your still here on the forums!

Tell me why you have no taxes or added fees?
Do I need to move to Marion?
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned)

I don't think there are taxes and fees on the internet service. The Mediacom accounts for our household are probably not the norm. The TV service is in my wife's name and the internet service is in my name. Years ago Mediacom wanted to combine these. I insisted that they remain on separate accounts and Medicom agreed. The bill I get for internet service has only the price for Ultra 105 on it, nothing else. The TV bill has the taxes and fees on it and I assume those taxes and fees apply only to the TV service.

Lar
join:2002-06-17
Iowa

Lar

Ahh I see. Great to see you here from long ago. And thank you DSL Reports and Mediacom for having a presence still. Good to see Bainch and Chad here.