gat gnitsoP
Premium
join:2002-03-30
Reading, PA
kudos:1

2 recommendations

reply to jaykaykay

Re: Netflix

If prices get too high, and service gets too slow, maybe we'll see video stores opening up again.

dave
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
kudos:8

1 recommendation

More like Verizon will let you know that Verizon's content (only slightly more expensive than Netflix) mysteriously doesn't suffer from the poor performance that Netflix content does.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 recommendation

reply to onebadmofo
said by onebadmofo:

If prices get too high, and service gets too slow, maybe we'll see video stores opening up again.

I hope so! I miss them. I still like physical medias with no lame DRMs. RedBox is the only choice where I live.
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Midniteoyl

join:2013-11-22
Knox, IN
kudos:1
reply to dave
More like Verizon will let you know that Verizon's content (only slightly more expensive than Netflix) mysteriously doesn't suffer from the poor performance that Netflix content does.
Comcast?? What?

mackey
Premium
join:2007-08-20
kudos:13
reply to antdude
said by antdude:

I still like physical medias with no lame DRMs.

I am unsure which media you are referring to. Blu-Ray with AACS? DVD with CSS? VHS with Macrovision? AFAIK all media had some form of DRM added to it.

/M

GuruGuy

join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA

1 recommendation

said by mackey:

said by antdude:

I still like physical medias with no lame DRMs.

I am unsure which media you are referring to. Blu-Ray with AACS? DVD with CSS? VHS with Macrovision? AFAIK all media had some form of DRM added to it.

/M

And still easily copied by some with the right tools...
--
GuruGuy

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
reply to mackey
I just got my first DRMed monitor. It doesn't feel so good.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by Mele20:

Get rid of it!

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:17
said by antdude:

said by Mele20:

Get rid of it!

every display with HDMI has a DRM decoder of sorts.
--
I'll make it work.... hand me that BFR.

dave
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by DrDrew :

every display with HDMI has a DRM decoder of sorts.

Yeah, the 'DRM display' (if that means what I suppose it means) is the innocent end of DRM. It's being asked to show its id to the border guards; it's not the border guard.

Or am I missing something?

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
Click for full size
Click for full size
I think you are right. It is not the border guard. When the border guard demands an ID it provides it.

It does it with mini display port to display port cable that I am using to connect the monitor to the computer. But it doesn't do it with my Samsung HD TV which is connected via HDMI cable to the computer. Seems it should. It's a bit misleading/confusing because the two are set as duplicate displays. The TV duplicates what's on the monitor's screen so I guess the DRM is already in use on the PC screen and doesn't need to also be on the TV.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson